Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Fatal Error Message when playing Computer Video Game Online

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
I received a fatal crash error when i was playing on b.net in a 4vs4 game. when i tried to use one of my dragon type custom air units that i bought at a dragon merchant to attack a treasure that was dropped from a creep, the application minimized and i received a fatal error message telling me that i have to shut down the application.

here is a weblink to a screenshot of the fatal crash error message:

http://img311.images...99/crash2nz.png

is there any way to fix this problem?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
reboot the pc and try again. if you have done this does the error re-occur?

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
What do you mean by custom? Your own map made in the world Editor? If so, there are many things that you can do that will give you a fatal error. If you can contact anyone that was in that game, if they got a fatal error too, then there was just a glitch in the map and it had nothing to do with you.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
for you starjax,

the error occurs at random times. restarting the computer will not solve anything. it's a fatal error that happens very rarely in the game but can happen sometimes. it happens to people a lot.

for you nick_mi,

it's not a world editor custom map. it's a 4vs.4 match on b.net. what i meant by custom is that the dragon that i received from a dragon merchant shop on the map, was a custom unit in the game which you can by. when i used the dragon to destroy a treasure box on the ground, the fatal error message appeared and crashed my game.

so as everyone can see.. i still need help..

here are my computer specifications:

http://img465.images...5/9826/10nc.png

http://img311.images...1/1505/21ol.png

http://img311.images...1/7383/32xx.png

http://img311.images...1/8449/42dk.png

http://img311.images...1/8672/56my.png

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 03 January 2006 - 06:57 PM.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
Meh, don't worry about. It happens from time to time=/

Although, why would oyu waste the gold on a dragon(which is not worth the food/cost) and then destroy the item when 1: you should sell it if oyu have time to buy a dragon, 2: Put it another hero, in a 4v4 you should always have 2 heros, most itmes 3, so if everyone has 2 heros, that's 16 heros on one map. No way you have item overload. ~.~

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Meh, don't worry about. It happens from time to time=/

Although, why would oyu waste the gold on a dragon(which is not worth the food/cost) and then destroy the item when 1: you should sell it if oyu have time to buy a dragon, 2: Put it another hero, in a 4v4 you should always have 2 heros, most itmes 3, so if everyone has 2 heros, that's 16 heros on one map. No way you have item overload. ~.~

i want to fix all the crummy B.Net Fatal Error Crash Messages so I never receive them. That is what I am trying to do.

Also, about the Dragon. I bought the Dragon because it was a Supreme Dragon that deals heavy damage and has a lot of hit points. The Dragon could be useful in many ways to go behind the gold mine that the enemy is useing and destroy his workers, etc. I did not buy the Dragon to destroy a treasure box. I just found a treasure box on the ground that came from some creeps obviouselly that the enemy destroyed and I had nothing better to do at the time, so I just decided to destroy the treausre box. Which then, the fatal error crash message occured.

nick_mi

nick_mi

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
You're not going to be able to stop them. Period.

Also, in a 4v4 trying to ruin their economy will do nothing unless you are destroying expos, in which case you need to fight them. :tazz:

Stelth2k1

Stelth2k1

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
it might happen if you are using a hack or third party software when running the game (im not calling u a cheater) but it may be possible.

Iron-Wolf

Iron-Wolf

Banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts

You're not going to be able to stop them. Period.

Also, in a 4v4 trying to ruin their economy will do nothing unless you are destroying expos, in which case you need to fight them. :tazz:

i no that. i am not a noob. i have won several 4vs4 games. i dont need support from u. i just happened to destroy the treasure box so no one else could get it. i'ts really not a big deal. now just drop it.

thank you.

and for Stelth2k1, I dont hack / cheat on warcraft but i contacted blizzard and there helping me with the problem from there. so really.. i dont need any more help on the situation from this Topic.

Edited by Iron-Wolf, 05 January 2006 - 05:59 PM.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
I am closing this thread to prevent further flame wars.

Iron-wolf I understand that you are working with blizzard on this issue. if you would pm me when Its resolved I would be interested in what was the soloution to the issue.

thanks,
Starjax