Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PhotoShop question on color

• Please log in to reply

robink

robink

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: Hi! I'm using Adobe Photoshop 5.0, with a Win2K OS. I don't usually have trouble with PhotoShop, but I'm stumped today. I created a new file with a transparent background. I added a text layer. I want to add layer effects to it, but I'm not being allowed to change the color to what I want. No matter what color I choose, it comes out dark gray. What am I doing wrong that I can't change the color? I sure appreciate any help!!

Robin

Advertisements

paddyt

paddyt

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
Hi Robin,

What is it you want to change the colour of? Can you create a new layer and change the colour on that? Also if you check the properties of the layer is it locked (I have to admit I'm not that familiar with PS 5).

Paddy

robink

robink

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi Paddy

I was trying to add a shadow to the text, but it wouldn't let me use any color aside from black, white or dark gray. This was several days ago now, and I think I figured out the problem. If I remember right, I discovered that the file's mode was grayscale, and I simply had to change it to be RGB. I don't know why it was initially grayscale though.

Thanks for trying to help!

paddyt

paddyt

• PipPip
  • 68 posts
hi Robink,

That'd do it :tazz:

Paddy