Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Flash/Jump Drive not working

• Please log in to reply

cat_n_kitty

cat_n_kitty

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a flash/jump drive that I got for Christmas that is 256MB. I was able to use it on my computer that runs Windows XP just fine, but when I plugged it into my parents computer that is running Windows 98 it did not work. What it said was that it found the flash drive (add new hardware popped up), but then could not find the driver for it. Is there something that I am doing wrong, or is the computer too old to run the flash drive/jump drive? Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You will likely need to install drivers to run it on 98, either they are on the maufacturer's site or on a software CD for the drive

cat_n_kitty

cat_n_kitty

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got it to work by looking up the manufacture's website and finding the driver off of there. Thanks for the help.