Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Upgrading my computer

• Please log in to reply

FinalFantasy10

FinalFantasy10

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok, I built a computer maybe like 2 years ago and I recently got 1GB of ram upgrade. I wanted to upgrade my graphics card however the one I want requires a PCI slot. So I found this video card from new egg that has a package deal with a eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card and a motherboard eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard. I also want to know if I can get the processor AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200CGBOX with everything. So I will list them out here below:

eVGA 256-P2-N518 Geforce 7800GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 VIVO PCI Express x16 Video Card

eVGA 133-K8-NF41 Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard.

u]AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Venice 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3200CGBOX [/u]

maybe also the Antec Super LANBOY

So can you guys help me to see if this computer will be great for playing BF2 , COD 2, and FEAR.

Also after I have all these parts, for me to upgrade, can I just unplug the hard drives which includes windows XP in it to the new motherboard??? :)

Thank you guys sooooooo much, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :tazz:

Advertisements