Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

system32 folder

• Please log in to reply

johnny123

johnny123

• Pip
  • 9 posts
everytime i start my pc the system32 folder seems to pop up each time....i dont know why it does that....can neone help me out please.....

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello johnny123...

Download this Script and save it to your desktop. Double-click on the downloaded file to run it. Reboot and see if the System32 folder still opens on Startup.

wannabe1

johnny123

johnny123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
it says that that script cannot help me...that the expected registry value was not found.....

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Ok...that is usually a good fix for this issue.

Have a look at this Microsoft Article. If you choose to edit the registry, be sure to save a backup of the current registry before doing so.

wannabe1

johnny123

johnny123

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
dont understand it...can u explain more if u could...or tell me another way to slove that problem...

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
What's the particular problem with it

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
johnny123...

Click Start, then Run, and type msconfig...click "Ok". Click on the "Startup" tab and look in the list of applications for /l:eng. If this application is listed and has a check next to it, remove the check...Click "Apply" then "Ok". Restart your machine.

Upon restart, you will receive a "Selective Startup" dialog box...this is normal. Put a check in the box in the lower left corner and click "Ok".

wannabe1