Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shutdown problem

• Please log in to reply

WhiteKelso

WhiteKelso

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hi to all geeks:

my problem is rather simple, but i really am lost for a solution. and in times like this, geeks here i am.

before this 'problem' occured, it only takes a few minutes (probably 2 minutes or so) for my computer to shutdown. lately though, i noticed that it would take almost 15 minutes before my computer is totally turned-off. and here's what seems to be very odd: it appears that there are programs that are not responding which my computer try to close (one of this persistent program is spygiant). i mention that this is odd because before i shut down my computer i always close all running programs; i also press control_alt+del to check if all programs have already been closed.

i'm really hoping for any advice. as always thank you for your help.

wk

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Spygiant is not a recognized spyware program so I would be immediately suspicious

Even two minutes is a bit long

I would visit the malware forum, follow the instructions at the top, and then get a clean bill of health.

Then, if the probelm persists, please return here