Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

(Graphic) Computer Reset problem!

• Please log in to reply

Gabriel

Gabriel

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Problem is thus

computer (whoile thing not just graphics / monitor all resets whenever I play a high graphic game such as (F.E.A.R) and WoW on full graphics.

I had a problem with incompatability with my graphic card + motherboard beafore so Installed updated BIOS.

Computer is

Processor - AMD 2400 +
Ram - 1 GB DDR 400
Graphic Card - ATI Radeon 9800 pro Artic cooling
Motherboard - K7S8X Asrock

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got GPU recover enabled (ATI card)

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It takes a system alot faster than yours to run FEAR on high settings mines is a good bit faster than your and it will barely manage it.

Sounds like you might have a bit of a temperature problem, you might try checking your temps in bios and on the video card usihng ati tool or riva tuner. Also giving the PC a clean would be advisable.

Gabriel

Gabriel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

It takes a system alot faster than yours to run FEAR on high settings mines is a good bit faster than your and it will barely manage it.

Sounds like you might have a bit of a temperature problem, you might try checking your temps in bios and on the video card usihng ati tool or riva tuner. Also giving the PC a clean would be advisable.

I am aware I can run it on Medium fine though, I have looked and my temp is 39 stable and GPU I cannot check the temp of, I went to a friends who has almost the Esact system apart from he has a Geforce 6200, it resets on this system also....hmmmmmmm

(GPU) recovery enabled :tazz:

Edited by Gabriel, 04 January 2006 - 08:15 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You could go with GPU recovery off because that can cause what you are experiencing

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Also make sure you have the latest drivers from ATI installed and reinstall the latest .net framework, radeons can have a myriad of problems if there is something even slightly wrong with the .net framework, you can use ATI tool to check gfx temps.

rumble291

rumble291

• PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
I have the same problem and i have the same processor and motherboard as you. Im cleaning up everything on my pc. hopefully it works

Gabriel

Gabriel

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

I have the same problem and i have the same processor and motherboard as you. Im cleaning up everything on my pc. hopefully it works

Strange very strange, and also I need a GFX temp checker if anyone could recommend one ?