Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Web hosting help

• Please log in to reply

scozzard

scozzard

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Good afternoon gurus, just a small enquiry here...

Im making a website through macromedia applications with Dreamweaver MX of course being the base for construction. However, once iv created the site who would i transfer it to to host and how is this done, im basically just making it then i have to leave soon after and cant run the server so who takes over being webmaster/administers updates? It also needs to be able to link when searched for through search engines effciently, what is the best way to accomplish this? any ideas would be appreciated :tazz:

scozz

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
well do you have a domain and a web server to host the site? If you want someone to adminster updates you will need to hire someone to do so.

Once you have a domain and server, you can configure dreamweaver so that when you edit the page, itll upload automatically. We will be able to help you set that up.

ditto

scozzard

scozzard

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
thanks for that, no i havent registered for a domain yet but it will be .co.nz
As for the web server il deal with that later, possibly ask you guys again when i get to that point!!

cheers,
scozz