Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

compaq presario stuck

• Please log in to reply

dgame21

dgame21

• Pip
  • 1 posts
;) i've been in some major depression since my cpu won't load past the compaq screen, when i go into the setup screen it appears to not recognize my master hard drive this all just happened out the blue if i let it go past the compaq screen it goes all black with a cursor in the left hand corner i was told my drive was shot i need help mighty bad :tazz:

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
Its does sound like your hard drive is bad. you can have it tested by a computer shop to make sure.
:tazz:

RockRunner85

RockRunner85

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hi
  Its does sound like your hard drive is bad. you can have it tested by a computer shop to make sure.
:tazz:

View Post

X2. Most likely you have a hard drive failure. It does tell you that the hard drive is not found. If it is just hanging up on boot with no info it could be a ram failure.