Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IP addresses?

• Please log in to reply

krism

krism

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Ok I have come here for help in the past and it really saved my life lol. Or my computer anyway!! I sell on ebay and I frequent the discussion board there. I have somehow run into someone who does not like me. I seriously have no idea? I think because when she bashed me for making a mistake, I argued. Anyway, I really need the help from the discussion boards ther for certain things, so I changed my pid and made the locale in another state with complete fake info. Well out of the thousands of ebay users she has figured out that it is me. I seriously have no idea how anyone could have this much time on there hands. Is is it possible for me to have 2 posting ids connected to different email addys and someone to know that I am behind both? This is so ridiculous!! Any help?? Please!! :tazz: TIA Kris

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
hi krism,

well there is a possibility that this person was able to deduct who you are based on your member Id history. but I'm not sure. If you could pm your new pid to me here on the boards I can check that out for you. from what I have seen on their discussion boards there is no way for them to know your IP address as that information is not shown on the posts. at least to members, don't know about board moderators. if she has moderator powers, then she has more access to things then the average user such as IP addresses. If you don't think she has moderation powers and she truely "stalked" your pid to find out who you are, then I would file a complaint with Ebay, make sure you give them her user name and detailed information about this situation.

This is not legal advice, nor do I work for or represent Ebay or any of Ebay's affiliates.