Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeForce 6200 video freeze

• Please log in to reply

shan77

shan77

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi
Im am new to this so please be bear with me.
I have just installed a new GeForce 3d fusion 6200 graphics card to my Dell Optiplex GX 280 (to enable Call of Duty 2), originally graphics was an intel intergrated.
No problems with install, installed drivers and COD2 plays no problem.
Since install when I install a DVD (default player is Power DVD) it freezes. I installed NVDVD which came with the 6200, still freezes.
Video playback from the internet on media player also freezes.
Do I need to just tweek something. I have had a look at settings but nothing obvious jumps out at me.
Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Mark.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
two things come to mind. One is to update your direct x ( or reinstall it ). The other since it is a Optiplex you might want to open it up and look at the motherboard. What you want to look at are the capacitors. They look like little cans. Make sure the tops are not bulging or leaking and also make sure the bottom isn't leaking Usually looks like rust or something coming out of the cans. I don't remember which optiplex it was but the leaking caps is a known issue with some of them.

shan77

shan77

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

two things come to mind. One is to update your direct x ( or reinstall it ). The other since it is a Optiplex you might want to open it up and look at the motherboard. What you want to look at are the capacitors. They look like little cans. Make sure the tops are not bulging or leaking and also make sure the bottom isn't leaking Usually looks like rust or something coming out of the cans. I don't remember which optiplex it was but the leaking caps is a known issue with some of them.

Reinstalled direct x and all seems fine on the motherboard but the problem remains, thanks for your reply