Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound

• Please log in to reply

SeyTech

SeyTech

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I just reformated my hd and installed Windows XP pro and I didnt have sound so i Dled the driver i was using before which is C-Media Mixer still no sound. I have no clue what to do now. I went and trouble shot it and it says that it is working proplerly

plz help i got a tourney comming up for DOD and need sound

Advertisements

computerwiz12890

computerwiz12890

Fixer-upper guy

• Retired Staff
  • 1,807 posts
Hello SeyTech,

Open Device Manager and see if there are any exclamation marks or Xs next to anything.

To get to Device Manager, right-click on My computer, select properties, select the hardware tab and click on Device Manager.

SeyTech

SeyTech

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
mmmkkk i am a nub i forgot to select which speaker setup i am using grrr the only prob is my stupidity

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
the most common computer problem is the loose nut behind the keyboard....don't worry about it...i once spent about 45 minutes to an hour trying to fix a machine that i hadn't pluged into the wall