Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help please

• Please log in to reply

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
hi my name is jose and i have a question about this wifixer pop up that keeps popping up whenever i go online or visit any site. this pop up is getting really annoying and i was wondering if i have a virus. norton antivirus doesnt pick this up nor does ad aware. please help me in removing this from my computer.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Please go here:

Malware Removal Guide

Run all the programmes as advised then post a current Hijack This Log in a new topic in the Malware Forum

For the purpose of accurate malware analysis, Hijack This Logs are only dealt with in the Malware Forum. Posting them anywhere else will result in a delayed response

If you are unable to run any of the programmes, ask for advice in the Malware Forum

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i went to the site you told me to and i did everything it said to do up to the spybot. thats when the problems started. spy bot ran but in the attempt to download the updates it said !!! bad check sum! im new to this so i dont want to mess up my new computer. but i really dont knwo what to do about this stupid virus. i would appreciate it if i could get a step by detailed step order of operations on how to end these pop ups of "winfixer"

Edited by cuervo2217, 05 January 2006 - 01:51 AM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try changing the download site to safernetworking europe 1

If no change, continue with the guide, post the HJT Log in the malware forum and explain you were unable to run Spybot

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
the results are posted and just waiting for your suggestions thank you.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
The malware team will contact you direct

If you still have a problem after getting the all clear from them, start a new topic and explain you have already been with the malware team

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
did i post it right could u find it? because nobody has gotten back to me yet. so im still waiting to get this [bleep] thing out of my system.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
It was posted correctly, it can take a while

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ohhh ok i was just wondering what was up im sorry. im just worried about my comp cause its new and i really dont want all these stupid programs running in it. can i take some of them out of my comp after i fix it?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
You can remove anything but XP but then that probably wasn't in your list anyway

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
xp is my windows version. i dont know anything else about any other xp.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Apart from Windows XP you can remove anything you like, it is best to deal with the malware because it will affect any changes you try now

cuervo2217

cuervo2217

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
i know im just waiting to hear back from anybody about my hijak this results.