Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SBC-Yahoo and Firefox

• Please log in to reply

Ocho

Ocho

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm considering signing up with SBC-Yahoo Dialup service and would like to know from any users if the SBC-Yahoo service is compatible with Firefox. I could call them but I would like to avoid the unnecessary questions about other services to which I might like to subscribe. Their service doesn't seem to post a FAQ section for potential users.

Thanks.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Do yourself a HUGE favor and purchase a router to connect to their service, that way you dont have to install their crap software and you can use any browser you want.

ScHwErV :tazz:

Ocho

Ocho

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for the response, ScHwErV. From what little I read on their site it appeared that they furnished some kind of browser software. That raised a question in my mind regarding possible compatibility issues for using Firefox. I'm a dialup user and am not networked, so I'm not understanding the router suggestion. Can you elaborate?

Thanks.

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Purchasing a router is definately the best idea for a number of reasons.

A decent router will have some firewall capabilities, therefore offering protection to your computer.

It allows for future expansion so that you can add another computer in your house later on.

It connects to Yahoo, that way you dont have to install their "browser" software. You can use whatever you want and dont have to worry about the problems their software causes.

ScHwErV :tazz: