Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

xp can not copy paste or move files. ie will not jump to new page

• Please log in to reply

hobbyone

hobbyone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I can not move desktop icons, can not move or copy or paste files in IE it will not move to a new page when it is linked in a page. I have just reloaded XP and did all of the updates before I loaded my programs. Now I am back to where I stared

Advertisements

dallace95

dallace95

• Pip
  • 4 posts
There might be something up with the drivers.....
To check your drivers go onto

1- Control pannel
2- Printers and other hardware
3- A little link on the side saying system
4- Then System Properties
5- Click onto the hardware tab
6- Then device manager
7- And if there are any ! / exclamation mark images
then there is something wrong with that driver. But to find these images you have to click on every section and have a look at the drop down menu.
8- Then click onto whatevers got a ! symbol and a window should come up with all the details.... Then click driver then
update driver

This my work ... if not then im not sure....

Hope it helps in some way....

DougTI

DougTI

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am having the exact same problem. If you dont click anything on the "Send/Don't send " menu that pops up you can c/p and move files.
I tried the solution you gave but all my drivers are updated and good. No exclamations.
If anyone has any ideas please help. I can't run my burn programs with this problem.