1. SATA is not just good for having two harddrives, right? Its also faster. So I need a SATA hard drive and motherboard even if I dont intend to get more than one hard drive.
2. How much power supply do I need for an Athlon 64? Everyone always seems to be upgrading. How do I know how much power I need for my graphics card, processor, and sound card altogether? If the case comes with 380 or 420 watts, do I really need to upgrade or can I get along without?
3. I dont need SLI, right?
4. Do I really need a seperate sound card? Will I notice the difference for just playing some music CDs and watching small video clips?
5. How much does a seperate firewire card cost? I went to newegg and did a search for firewire card, but it brought up a vast range of items, and, quite frankly, I wouldn't know which one is the thing I'm looking for.
The real question is: does it pay to buy the MSI K8N neo4 platinum for the extra firewire, or should I just get the MSI K8N neo 4f and buy a firewire seperately, assuming it becomes necessary?
6. Can you reccommend an optical drive that is cheap and just does CD-RW and DVD-R? The touted ones are too complicated.
7. If I'm going to have a DSL connection, I still need a modem, right? So what's the deal with v.92 versus...?