Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PCI device found

• Please log in to reply

Graigart

Graigart

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I keep getting a new PCI device found. When I try and find a driver for it, it says can't be found. It show us in the divice manager under other and it has the yellow astrisk by it. I have searched for the device driver in the cds provided for it but no dice. It also searches the internet but same result. When I look under the properties of the device is says locatioin: PCI bus 0, device 31, function 3. I sure would like some help here. Most of the time I an solve these problems.

thanks so much,

Graig :tazz:

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G Graig. Apologies for the delay in responding to your topic.

This type of thing of thing doesn't normally happen out of the blue, so can you tell me if anything changed just prior to the system detecting this unknown pci device for the first time?
For example, did you reinstall the operating system, add any new hardware or make any changes to the bios at all?