Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my computer now feels that mice are unnecessary

• Please log in to reply

Ben Sharp

Ben Sharp

• Pip
  • 2 posts
first post. me = n00b, sorry if wrong forum, etc etc. browsing the internet is super tedious now, so i haven't read all the stickies.

about 7 hours ago i was bilssfully using photoshop when my [microsoft intellimouse explorer for bluetooth] mouse froze on the screen. i didn't make much of it at the time. uninstalled, reinstalled, changed batteries, tried what support.microsoft.com had to say on the issue. nothing. called microsoft, spoke to them for an hour. they said my mouse was shot and they'll send me a replacement. cool.

so it struck me as odd when i found that the 9.99 replacement usb mouse (so i don't have to use ctrl and alt until i get the new one) wasn't working either. tried different things in the same usb ports.. worked fine. tried using the usb->ps/2 adapter that came with said mouse... nothing. tried using a logitech trackball & ps/2-only mouse. nothing. no mouse will work with this computer at the moment.

called dell, talked for about 2 hours. nothing. "maybe" i need a new motherboard. things worked fine this morning. tried doing a system restore... can't, don't have any restore points before the incident.

pretty bummed out right now. i will provide any details necessary... any clue at all What the... just happened?

Advertisements

Ben Sharp

Ben Sharp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
rats... bump

Edited by Ben Sharp, 07 January 2006 - 04:46 AM.