Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

USB Driver problem

• Please log in to reply

17osm17

17osm17

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hie. I posted regarding frequent pc hangs when using the linksys wireless usb adapter. Until now I still can't find a solution to it, not even when i reformatted the whole chunk.
However, while I was searchin for usb drivers for my board, I happen to chance upon this :

VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller Driver Package (Release note)
==============================================================

Known Issues/Limitations:

a) VIA USB 2.0 Host Controller Driver -
Limitation:
1. Only USB wakeup from S3 (by mouse or keyboard) is supported. Of course,
your system BIOS should support/enable this function First.
Issues:
2. If some specific USB devices are plugged in, you may NOT Hibernate or
Shutdown the system.
3. If you connect a USB 2.0 hub to the root hub and continue to plug some
USB devices into this hub. The system would be hung with some specific
USB devices or these USB devices might not be recognized

This release note was from biostar itself in the usb 2.0 driver installation pack. Biostar did not solve this problem, perhaps they couldn't be bothered with an old piece of board. Can anyone help me solve this system hang problem? Now I olny have the linksys adapter connected to my usb port. the other usb ports are left unattached to other devices.

I'm using Biostar M7VIQ mainboard, Athlon XP 2000+, 512 ddr ram, Windows XP sp2

Thanks alot!

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
I can give you a link that may help you find an answer. Go to http://forums.pcper....isplay.php?f=67
See the two sticky posts at the top of the forum. This is a forum dedicated to Biostar motherboards. I hope you can find an answer there.