Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Creating new Email account

• Please log in to reply

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Can somebody tell me how to create a new Outlook Express email account? I'm only 17 years old so please try to make it easy for me to understand! Thanks for any help!!! (we have Comcast internet if you need to know for some reason)

Edited by Gwen17, 06 January 2006 - 10:16 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got any accounts set up

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
we only have one account set up, sorry I forgot to mention that!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Log in to your account with comcast then look for the option to add an e-mail address, if it is a comcast you want to set up.

https://webauth.comc.....t/acctmgt.cmd

Set up the account

Open Outlook Express then click tools then accounts

Click the mail tab then properties for the existing account

Click servers

Note the incoming mail (POP3) and Outgoing mail (SMTP) details

Check if there is a tick in my server requires authentication

Click OK to close the box

This is dealt with here

http://www.comcast.c...etail_2288.html

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, I thought it worked until I tried sending my new email address an email...An error message popped up and this is what it says:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '551 not our customer', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 551, Error Number: 0x800CCC7900

And now because of that, the main account (which is my mom's ) doesn't work. Any advice, or should we call Comcast or something? I was only interested in setting this email up because Outlook Express is working unlike my Yahoo account. Any advice?!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Open Outlook Express, click tools then accounts then click the mail tab and click properties for the original account, click server tab and note the details, click ok to close the box, click the new account to highlight it then click properties and then server to see if the details are any different, apart from the e-mail address, it seems there should not be a tick in my server requires authentication

Do you have Yahoo UK or yahoo US

Gwen17

Gwen17

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I have Yahoo US, Keith.

Edited by Gwen17, 07 January 2006 - 02:43 PM.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Set up a Yahoo UK account, this is just for the purpose of checking your PC against your ISP

Leave the location as UK

UK postcodes are two letters and one number then one number and two letters (AB1 2CD)

http://edit.europe.y...=&promo=&.last=

When you are logged in to the Yahoo UK account, click options, far right, click pop access and mail forwarding, leave the settings then click save, bottom left, it will show pop3 access succesful. Log out of the account

Open outlook express, click tools, accounts then mail, click add, put a display name in then the e-mail address you have just got, the pop is

pop.mail.yahoo.co.uk

the smtp is

smtp.mail.yahoo.co.uk

Tick my server requires authentication, click apply

Use the account to send something