Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP Global IME

• Please log in to reply

lavoisier

lavoisier

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I use the XP global IME to input Japanese charactrs into documents. The language bar works fine, and I can switch to hiragana input, but I can't input Japanese characters into web pages. I can input into Word, Outlook, etc. I can even input Japanese characters into the address bar in Internet Explorer, but not in text boxes on a web page.

Ij addition, something weird. When I input the Japanese characters in the address bar, and I go to the web page and click in a text box, the characters are transferred into the text box on the web page!

Can you figure out how I can input the characters directly on the web page? I must say I was able todo so before but my kid was playing with my keyboard and mouse and may have been the one who screwd up the IME.

Thank you

Advertisements