Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I know nothing about SCSI!

• Please log in to reply

suckaf00

suckaf00

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Somebody gave me a scsi tower with no HD in it. The machine beats the [bleep] out of the desktop I already had, so I wanted to take the hard drive from my desktop (not scsi) and put it in the scsi tower. I plugged it into the IDE ribbon already in the machine, (and the power of course). The machine starts booting, post test and bios config options and everything all the way up until windows should start. then it gives the menu on starting in safe mode, with networking, last known good config, and so on. choosing any option, or even letting the counter run out to start windows does nothing, it just freezes. apparently there is something I need to do that I havent got a clue! :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
If the drive has windows installed onto it on another computer it needs to be reinstalled (or repaired but doesnt always work) on that computer otherwise it wont work as it will be missing hardware drivers for the different system.

suckaf00

suckaf00

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
ahh, ok i'll give it a shot. thx!

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You could also get an SCSI drive SCSI drives are very fast.