Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

May have bug and need some help

• Please log in to reply

ftaspecop

ftaspecop

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I downloaded a few files and installed them on my computer, then later on my pioneer dvd burner started acting crazy so i was gonna send it back but decided to try it on my father in laws computer(which is the puter i downloaded from) and same thing wouldnt work on his computer either so i went ahead and put his cd burner and dvd rom drives back into his computer and now his computer does not recognize either one...called dell and they had me do a clean NVRAM and all that did was partion my hard drive and did not get my drives back. done alot of research and still no luck, any help would be great........thanks......

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. What files did you download that started this trouble? Have you removed them? Have you checked your computer for malware? See the link ot the malware removal guide at the top of this forum where is says "Do you suspect a malware infection (Spyware, Virus, Trojan, Rootkit)? Please Start Here. When finished, How did I get infected...? " ...the blue ? at the top left.

Edited by austin_o, 07 January 2006 - 10:12 AM.