Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Site Advisor!

• Please log in to reply

DeathOutdone

DeathOutdone

• PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
Just heard about this product- VERY Cool program...slows down browsing a tiny bit because it has to load the red/green alert icons but not very much. It's still in testing, but seems to work well.

Check it out! http://www.siteadvisor.com/preview/ . Its called SiteAdvisor, and it's a plugin for firefox, IE, and opera. It displays warnings of different sites that you see on search engines and that you go to; green is safe, yellow is "be cautious" and red is "dangerous". This can help protect everyone against spam, phising, and malware in all forms, its VERY cool, and Ben Endelman even wrote an article about it and joined the SiteAdvisor team, he is excited by it. I am interested in reporting bad sites and researching how spyware infects people, so this is very exciting to me as well. This is So cool! It uses bots to crawl the web looking for spam, phising, and malware sites and updates its database, which is free under the creative commons license which means the URLs listed there, once they get the database up, can be used for spyware research and put into blocklists and things....very very cool!! Try it out!!

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
hm.. that's really neat. I'll check it out.

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I like the ballon feature which tells you how much spam you get if you give an e-mail address on sites