Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TMP FILES

• Please log in to reply

endodoc

endodoc

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a question, I am trying to view TMP files and I am unable to do so. Someone has gone to what i think are certain sites but when i try to see where they have gone, when i click on the link under history, it says that the specifiied path does not exist. Check the path and try again. How can i see what sites are being viewed on my computer? Do I have to open them with something different that internet explorer? Under history they are listed as NDr21.tmp, NDr24.tmp, etc. When I click on properties, it says that the internet type is an internet shortcut and that the internet address is "file:///C:/Documents and Settings/Owner/%drive%/TEMP/NDr21. a lot.,tmp.html" So I guess it is a temporary file but again, when I click on the link, it will not allow me to view or go to whatever type of website it is. Can anyone help me out? Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

Mile Runner

Mile Runner

• PipPipPip
  • 455 posts
hi endodoc, sorry it took so long ot get to you, this dosent usally dosent happen. Welcome ot Geeks to go.

ok, go to tools>internt options>gerneal>settings>view files/folders

that shold do it, if you have anyother questions about temp files just post it in this thread i will recieve an email and will get to you asap.

mike

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
My temp files are here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johanna\Local Settings\Temp
My History files are here:
C:\Documents and Settings\Johanna\Local Settings\History

The History files should allow you to open up the pages viewed, unless they have been deleted. If deleted, are not actually gone, just in queue to be overwritten, but unless they are sitting in the recycle bin, it's tricky to recover them. A person can set History files to delete every time the browser is closed. If you are the admin on the machine, you can decide if the user can perform that operation or not.

Not asked for, just some general advice about IE:
To Perform Regular “Clean UP” in IE
Tools> Internet Options> General Tab

Empty temp internet files- delete cookies, delete files

*caution- you may wish to delete cookies via a third party software or directly through Windows Explorer, because some are useful and keeping them is a convenience. If you are experiencing problems, delete them all, and rebuild them as needed.

You can also clear “History” files, too, but it is not needed for security, just privacy.

Johanna