I run a small group of webpages 9personal stuff, mostly). I use Moveable Type 3.2 for three of them, as they are predominantly weblogs. I also have a "standard" webpage that I want to use for longer articles and some other purposes. It's been sitting stagnant
I'm looking for a good content management tool that will let me maintain the standard-style webspace without going in and hacking html. I need the following characteristics:
1. Hot views -- WYSIWYG is fine, or a "view page" option as I tinker with the graphics and layout would be okay as well. I will want the ability to hand jam html/php as needed, however.
2. Local working copy -- I need to be able to work on the webspace offline, and then...
3. One click updating -- Currently, I'm using some seriously outdated tools that let me create the html/php and then I have to ftp the updates to the server by hand. I'd like to get something that can handle updates in one fell swoop. FWIW, I was doing this with Arachnophilia before.
4. Templates/CSS support. Naturally, I want to maintain similar look and feel across major sections of the site.
5. Freeware/shareware is preferred. I can't afford to spend much for the tool.
I think that covers the biggest needs for my stuff.
FWIW, the site I intend to use this for is: