Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Soon we will be moving onto the next os...

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
As of yet I know that we have no idea that the next os will be any freeer of malware, agreed but what I would like to know is if there is anyone else here who feels that XP, vis a vis malware, wasn't as safe as some others opperating systems, then again if you agree with that view, do you feel that it is more the fault of Microsoft who perhaps rushed things, or do you feel that it was rather the tanacity of the malware makers that ruined the os, or if you feel that it is both then to what extent do you feel that it is one way or the other? Or perhaps you feel something compleatly different then, feedback welcome.

This thread is open to anyone, it is just to backup some opinions I have formed about it, not meant to offend, oh, and if I have posted this in the wrong place again, please move it to where it should be then.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
No dam can hold back a perpetual flood, any OS that is as complex as XP and is constantly targetted by thousands of expert progrmaners will have vulnerabilities exploited, it would be the same if most of the world macs XP would be relativley safe and OSX would be the rickety insecure OS.

All i know is XP is the first OS i can plug stuff in and it will just work without the uphill driver battle, and its the only one to make games installation easy 99% of the time.

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Warriorscot is correct IMO. The OS is definately not ruined. Malware makers will find a way in if it is going to make them money. MS has always been quick to come out with patches. Most of it is avoidable anyway as long as you stay current on all your updates.The ease of use of XP outweighs any security issues it has.Just like Warriorscot said you can just plug something in and it just works.