Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes tranfer problem

• Please log in to reply

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hello, I have Itunes and normally used it to downlaod music and then burn to a CD for my CD-player. For X-mas i recievied an MP3 player from my parents...of course being parents..they did not know what to get (and probably out of cheapness) they did not get an ipod. So now i have this decently nice MP3 player by Criag or something....then i find out that Itunes, being Apple's little thingie....doesn't have an option "copy to mp3 player" .............. I was most distraught.....so now if i want to listen to my music on my mp3 playr i have to burn my itunes to a cd.....then back to the computer...and then onto the mp3 player causing more trouble and time then it's worth. the itunes are in some m4p or something format..windows media player doesn't recognize them....i was wondering if anyone knows of any programs that i can use to copy my itunes music to my mp3 player... thanks for the help!! -cj

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your parents were right not to get you an ipod more name than quality, itunes is also a right pain in the behind, but the only software from mp3 player makers that ive used that isnt a pain in the behind is the creative mediaplayer, sonicstage was good at the end but they scrapped it and the replacement is also rubbish.

You might try reading the manual of the mp3 player, and post what it is, does it use its own software to move files or is it a drop and drag, is it recognising the files from itunes or are you burning then re ripping to mp3 if youre buying music(you know it actually works out cheaper alot of the time to buy albums from the shop as an aside) from itunes then itll be in there format (AAC good but a pain at times, only slightly less of a pain in terms of DRM than sonys ATRAC, DRM has been the bane of music file formats mp3 is still aorund even though there are better formats because it has no DRM and is versatile, im getting side tracked again, sorry) you can deencode the files into mp3 files there are a few people in your postion victim to the AAC encryption.

If you search on google for it you can get the information to do that, if its a drag and drop files into player then go to the folder where the itunes music is saved and just drop the files into your player, that way you can se if it plays AAC probably doesnt though apple being the annoyin people they are, but it might. Although we kinda need to know what the player is to give really specific help.

Edited by warriorscot, 10 January 2006 - 11:25 AM.

slide5050

slide5050

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Okay...it's a drag and drop, i've put normal mp3's into it and they work fine, it's a Craig mp3 player. 512 mb. the only software included was a formater utlility. It does not recognize the music from itune's as they are stored in M4P format. The mp3 player just says Bad song on the screen. Windows Media Player cannot read them either. I am burning them from Itunes..(i have no clue what itunes does to them) then copying them from the cd to my pc and then back to my mp3 player. I use Itunes because i usually only get or like a few tracks off a cd and some times have paid 20$ for 5 songs....i love itunes becaue if i hear a music track on a game or radio or movie...i can quickly search it up and buy just that song rather then searching for a whole cd. i don't know about the aac or drm stuff srry....the file just say M4P in explorer instead of the normal MP3 or wave. What should i search for on google? a DRM decoder? or an AAC or something?