Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem With SonicStage Music Database.

• Please log in to reply

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Hi to whoever!

I am having trouble with my SonicStage 3.1 software, which was given to me by Sony when I bought my MP3 player. I have had absolutely no problem with it until now. I was trying to update my MP3 player with some new tracks I had burned onto my laptop, but the entire program crashed, I tried to stop the transfer, but nothing happened and then I tried to ctrl, alt, del. the program to stop it running. This worked. I restarted by laptop and ran a Virus check with Bullguard 6.0 (trial version) and it came up with one virus, I wasn't able to get rid of it so I had to send the details to Bullguard, who told me it needed to clear my Temporary Internet Files. I did this, then rebooted again. However, when I tried to start up SonicStage again it tells me 'The selected music file cannot be played back because the system information has been changed. Click OK to automatically close SonicStage and open the SonicStage System Information Restore Tool.' and it gives only one "OK" button. I click this and the Info Restore program starts, and says "SonicStage will authenticate your database on the Internet...Click Next to continue". It also says "If you are connecting to the Internet through a LAN, please verify the Internet Explorer proxy settings." I am running through a LAN, and my proxy settings were fine when the program was working because I used the Internet to gather CD info (track listings, album names etc.) However, when I click next it tells me it cannot connect to the Internet, and my only option is to terminate the program. There is nowhere that allows me to change the settings. My internet facility, and all other programs which use the Internet are working perfectly. I am at a loss as to what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours Hopefully,

Tom WitcombAttached File  SS.bmp   209.9KB   268 downloadsAttached File  cc.bmp   117.97KB   298 downloadsAttached File  aut.bmp   107.38KB   260 downloads

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Ohh boy, asking Sony to watch over your music files is dangerour, given their track record of installing rootkits.

I am completely unfamiliar with this program, so general suggestions

Have you tried reinstalling Sonicstage? Have you tried updating it to the most recent version

http://esupport.sony...d=1932&os_id=99

There is an update a the bottom

Does that fix it?

Edited by gerryf, 10 January 2006 - 11:39 PM.

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
If I download the new software will it delete all of my music files?

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
It is an update, so no, it should not. Nor is there any warning that it will

kill_hXc

kill_hXc

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Ok, I tried to download the update, but it says "Cannot connect to server (2100)" any ideas? Problem with my computer?

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
gerryf...

While I agree entirely with your views, sonicstage is the only program that can put mp3's on the Sony Network Walkman.

( I know, I have one, and it causes me great pain everytime i must use it. I hate sony! )

I've looked for a replacement, but in vain. Perhaps i'll resume the search soon.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I should keep my editorial comments to myself, I know, but I get ticked off when people think they have the right to install stuff on others computers without warning.

Anyway, I stumbled across this:

http://kb.sony-europ...9,Case=obj(784)

That may allow you to listen to your music again....not sure on the internet thing yet....

Wish I had one of these things so I could make some educated guesses