Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setup: Please Insert CD Containing Setup32.exe

• Please log in to reply

Nicola

Nicola

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
Please be gentle with me as I can only just manage to log on to my e-mail.

When I start up my computer I get the following msgs:

Rundll Error Loading C:\windows\system32\mshtmpre.dll The specified module could not be found

Rundall Error Loading C:\windows\system32\msa64chk.dll The specified module could not be found

For ages now I have just been pressing ok to these msgs and carrying on with what I need my computer for.

Today a new msg arrived upon start up:

Setup Please insert CD containing Setup32.exe into drive (R:) and press any key when ready????

I called my Packard Bell Software Helpline costing me 75p per min and was given the following instructions to follow:

Press start, Run then enter msconfig

Select Startup Tab and untick all listed items

then one by one, start ticking them again and restarting my computer to see which one generates the new msg today re enter disk.

After following these instructions for what seems like hours,

I found out that when i ticked Recovery "c:\windows/corel... HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentvr...

the message appeared.

I was then told by the helpline to go online once I had found out which startup thing was causing the msg and search for an answer, which is how i found this site.

If there is anyone brave enough to help me I would be very grateful.

thanks nicola

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP

I found out that when i ticked Recovery "c:\windows/corel... HKLM\software\microsoft\windows\currentvr...

is that the whole thing? or did you omit certain parts for clarity? on face value it seems to be related to a corel product...do you have anything installed by corel?

those two dll.s that it kept saying were missing (through my research at least) all seem to be malware related...you may want to take a trip throug the maware forum

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
When I went into run then msconfig

I was advised to untick all the items listed and then one by one, re tick them, reboot each time then i would find out what start up item was generating the error msg re insert disk.

When I ticked the Recovery item in the startup menu pressed apply then closed the box, i restarted the computer and received the error msg again.

Up until I had ticked this item the error msg was not appearing when re started

Sorry if I'm going on abit only not sure what I am talking about.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
right....which makes sense....the error you're getting is suggesting that the machine is wanting you to install part of a corel product suite...i don't know what corel product..as the item you displayed is not the full key....what corel products do you have installed on the computer?

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
None that I am aware of, it may be an old photograph software thing that I was going to install but then changed my mind and installed kodak instead.

Any ideas how I get rid of this?

I will follow the malware instructions for the other two error msgs that I are being generated.

Just need to try and sort this disk msg out first.[/size]

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
to stop the message while we try to look for the software to uninstall you can retick all of those items in msconfig...except that one...that should stop the message from coming up

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
ok will do, shall i just wait for further instructions?

Gonna have to log off while I put the kids to bed.

Be back soon. Thanks 4 your help so far.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
yeah...continue with the malware side of the issue....and i'll get some instructions together to find that software..... make sure there's no bed-bugs in there

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Have followed all your Malware instructions, to try and remove the error msgs and have managed to get rid of one of the messages, but now I have no sound on my computer at all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks Nicola.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
for the sound, let's right click on my computer > manage> device manager...look for any yellow ? or !

and for that software...go to add/remove programs...and uninstall anything related to corel

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Hello again

Managed to sort the sound problem out, will follow your advice and look for any programes that relate to corel.

Thanks again, will post back when checked Add/Remove programmes.

Regards nicola

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
when you post back...could you tell me how you fixed the sound?

Nicola

Nicola

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
Only if you promise not to laugh!!

The connection on the back of my base unit, was loose, needed pressing back in.

Told you I was thick when it came to computers!!

Anyway, just checked my Add/Remove programmes, there is not mention of this Corel!! thing.

Check twice just to make sure I read them all correctly.

Over to you............

Thanks 4 all your help/advice so far.

Nicola

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i once spent 45 minutes of my life trying to figure out why my computer wouldnt boot....i took the thing apart about 4 times...the surge protecter wasn't switched on....don't feel bad

http://www.geekstogo...n=download&id=3 can you download hijackthis from there and save it to it's own folder on the c:\ drive...like c:\hijackthis..

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
once you get that done..open up hijackthis.exe and click on the "do nothing just start the program" button...then click on the config button then the misc tools button then the open uninstall manager button...cllick the save log...and post that log