Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

pc linux os

• Please log in to reply

delica88

delica88

• PipPip
  • 79 posts
:tazz: ok guys got a problem firstly my windows hal.dll went corrupt so as you know this makes me unable to start up my laptop. secondly my physics teacher gave me a linux disc to try called pc linux os which i find is quite a good operating system. the problem is when i get round to installing the linux the computer always turns itself off when its about 5% or 7% through installing. bearing in mind im on a laptop and ive checked the battery and charger etc but i really want to get this installed and any help would be appreciated.

ps.. i tried to fix the windows hal.dll file by reinstalling windows and it also turns itself off while doing this

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,682 posts
from your description it sounds like you are having a Hardware problem. Even laptops can have power supply issues. I would recommend contacting your laptop manufacturer, if it is still under warranty by chance, to see if they can fix it.

since you are having problems even when you are re-installing Windows it is not a software issue.

you may even try to get help in our hardware support forums on this.