Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No taskbar?

• Please log in to reply

gaminlegend38

gaminlegend38

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Here's a pic of my desktop:
http://img.photobuck...d38/problem.gif

When I boot the computer, the taskbar comes up for around two seconds before it 'minimizes' and slides below the edges of the screen. It's like it's still there, but it's outside the computer screen because when I minimize something, it shows like it's going to the taskbar. Plus when you get one of the messages from the taskbar, it looks like it's originating where the taskbar would usually be. Is it a virus, or something else?

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Try hitting auto adjust on the monitor and try changing the skin to default, im assuming your using aston there, some skins dont have the taskbar in the normal place or its hidden,

gaminlegend38

gaminlegend38

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Well I switched back to the default WindowsXP theme. I'm just running ObjectDock right now. Could that be the problem?

I'm not sure how exactly to explain what it does at the beginning. You know in AIM when someone on your buddy list signs on it has that little box that pops up then minimizes? That's what the taskbar does. It's there, just off the screen.

EDIT: Nevermind, I got it. I had to close ObjectDock before I saw the thing that showed the taskbar again. Some reason, Auto-Hide was selected...

Thanks for the help.

Edited by gaminlegend38, 10 January 2006 - 05:32 PM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah i thought that would be what you described bt it seemed to obvious to mention.