Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open a document in Wordperfect 11

• Please log in to reply

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hello,

I have created and saved a document in Wordperfect 11. When I worked on it again and re-saved it, I got the hour glass and it froze. I then had to do a Cntrl, Alt, Delete to get out of Wordpefect. I have not been able to open the document ever since this happened. This happened to me once before and I had to re-create what I had previously done, as I could never open the document again. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thank you

Edited by petsr4keeps, 10 January 2006 - 09:22 PM.

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Have you got Norton AV

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I have Panda Titanium

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
R U still there Keith?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Norton AV has an Office plug in, not sure about Panda, usually if there is anything which works with Office and the AV then the scan request causes Word to freeze

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
Sorry, I don't understand. Should I be looking for something? What do I need to do?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Check through the options of Panda to see if anything scans Office programmes, usually called Office plug in

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I couldn't see anything for office scans or "plug ins" I don't know what plug ins are....

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
They are just add ins which do certain things

Can you boot the PC to safe mode and then try to open a document

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I can open other documents in W/Perfect, just not the last one I saved for some reason. Do you still want me to go into the safe mode and open another document?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try to open the last one in safe mode, if it opens the click file then save as and rename it

petsr4keeps

petsr4keeps

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
hi again,

I was able to open and re-name the document in safe mode. I tried to print it, so I would have all of the information, but it said i needed to install a printer. When I tried that, it would not allow me to do the install. I then re-booted my computer and attempted to open the document with the new file name. It wouldn't open. It froze again. Why was I able to open he document in safe mode, but not the other way? I would be happy just to print it out so I can copy the information to a new document.

Thanks

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Sorry for the delay with this but the posts were at 5 am local time

Download and install this, then open the document in safe mode, click file then print and select PDFreDirect as the printer, this will give you a PDF document which you can at least save and print from any PC

http://www.exp-syste...m/Downloads.htm

You need the green one

The printers may not run in safe mode, but may run in safe mode with networking, or if you go to normal start up you should be able to print the PDF

Hope this helps out, try creating and saving a new document