Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need good webhosting for running drupal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Hi everyone,
I need a little help. I am looking for a good FREE webhosting, that would enable me to run drupal (see drupal.org). It has to:
  • have at least 50 MB
  • have PHP & MySQL
  • be 100% free
  • most importantly MySQL must support addition of new databases
May be I am requiring too much. Please, either tell me what webhosting to use or suggest any alternative to drupal. I am making my own blog and I don't want Blogger anymore. There is little time and I don't want to waste it writing the thing in PHP.

Edited by Hai Mac, 11 January 2006 - 08:43 AM.

Advertisements

Magosis

Magosis

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 190 posts
not sure off hand were you would find that, I assume google isn't beign helpfull on this one http://funpic.org is decent but the have a bit of a size restriction and you only get one DB, i use them for my testing. If you find soemthing like what you are looking fro I'm sure many people would appreciate the link :tazz: although. if you find a site ad rn't sure f it's legit i would be glad to take a look fro you :)

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
Thanks for the reply,
well I think I just try to alter the drupal PHP scripts a little bit, so they use the database names I have been given.

Thanks. :tazz:

Hai Mac

Hai Mac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
OK, i have solved this thing. I changed the database settings in drupal and it works now. You can lock this topic :tazz: