Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows 95 Disk trouble.

• Please log in to reply

Not Sid

Not Sid

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm in a tight situation here. I lost my WIN95 CD, but I have an old hard drive that has WIN95 installed on it, I'm trying to set up a second computer, but I only had 32MB RAM for it, so I needed an OS that used low amounts of RAM and the motherboard I use has broken floppy drive readers (No floppies for me). Luckily for me, my Dad and I copied the CD into a directory so we never had to fetch the CD when Windows asked for the disk. And now to the point, I tried to use that directory with all of the WIN95 disk files on it, but I can't get it to work because I don't know how to make my burner make a burned CD bootable. I use the Sonic MyDVD burner software, so if you can help me out, it would be appreciated.

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
Does this help
Make cd bootable
Is there any system on the computer now?

Not Sid

Not Sid

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
No, I can't get it to use a floppy, the PC is just junk that barely works and can't use a floppy drive.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Find another computer that you can make a bootable CD with.

Only issue here is that that system may not be able to boot off of a CD if it can only run Win95 happily...

You may be forced to just stick Win95 on another machine initally and then put it back in that machine and let 95 reconfigure itself automatically.