Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Overclocking Software

• Please log in to reply

dan3411

dan3411

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
i was wondering if someone could tell of an overclocking freeware that i could use with the motherboard:

- ASUS PTGD1-LA

if you cold reply asap his would be great!! :tazz:

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
clockgen

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
this doesn't appear to have my motherboard on there?

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
It doesnt always have them all there is often a similar model with the same chipset that will work though, there is more i cant think of at the moment its been a while since i went looking for a new one.

Im sure ASUS actually have overclocking software for their motherboards as well, but you can always just do it in Bios thats the safe way to do it.

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
i had a quick look in bios and i couldn't seem to find it but thanks anyway

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
There is no menu called overclocking, lol, you have to adjust the clock speeds manually(which the overclocking software doesnt actually do for you it just usually lays it out for you to find.

You need to adjust all the settings manually from the respective menus, if you didnt know where to look or what to do you should not even think about overclocking your system its very dangerous even if you know what to do.

dan3411

dan3411

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
the reason i didn't find it is because they have blanked it out so i can't change the fsb. u say that asus should have overclocking software, could u give me some more info on that pls :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You think im your servant or something? Go google it and save me doing it for you, we dont know this stuff of the top of our heads most of the time and if we can google it so can you.

If its blanked out its either a custom Bios for the builder in which case you can possibly flash the bios to a proper version, or its just set on auto.