How-to remove Winfixer, Virtumonde, Msevents, Trojan.vundo, ATLDistrib

* * * * * 4 votes

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

david1874

david1874

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

Can i use any of these?

How to remove Trojan.Zlob-X.a - IEDefender
How to remove trojan.w32.looksky

or do i have to go through the list underneath them.

Thanks

David

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Follow the instructions in both the links I gave you, you will have to post in the malware removal forum

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Please follow all of the steps in this section of the Malware Forum. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own. If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post a HiJackThis Log in the Malware Forum. If you are unable to run and/or post a HJT log, then post that in your initial post in the topic you create in that forum. Should you post in that forum please do not respond to your own topic. Our Malware Staff look for topics to help out in that have no responses. The Malware Forum is very busy with many more requests for help than we have volunteer helpers, so please be patient. If you have not had a response to a topic after 3 days then please go to the Waiting Room and read the pinned topic for instructions.

NicoleW0120

NicoleW0120

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a question and it won't let me add a new topic. i just need to know a good free anti-virus to download and where to get it. any suggestions?

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Nicole,

It won't let you start a new topic in this forum because it's only for malware removal guides. You should read this link to answer your question:
http://www.geekstogo...ftware-t38.html

Grumpy311

Grumpy311

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I just wanted to pass along that I followed the guides posted here and I can finally say that my computer is up and running again thanks to Geekstogo.com! This is now my number one place to go when I don't know what's going on with my computer! Thanks again!

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Grumpy311,

I'm glad it all worked out for you. Thanks for letting us know. :)

poyted

poyted

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, when i turned on my laptop today, everything was fine, then as it was loading, windows explorer shut itself down. I didnt even touch it. Now my laptop does not have a start menu, desktop shortcuts, nothing. I dont know how to do anything and i cant even start firefox or anything.

It wouldnt let me post a new topic, but i was searching on google, and i found this http://www.geekstogo...se-t168119.html

so do i have a Virtumonde/vundo?

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE.

That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.

PEGGYLEE

PEGGYLEE

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Pop-up stops computerMy home computer started telling me I was infected with spyware and needed to install a firewall. It was supposedly from 'MS service'. It changed my background color and the message wouldn't close until you went to their 'MS compatible spyware service center'. I restarted in Safe Mode and it even popped up there. It tells me I have "Trojan.Win32.Midgare.Iwg" I shutdown the computer and it sits waiting. Is this another of those obnoxious scams where they are trying to MAKE you buy their product? What can I do. I am running WindowsXP Service Pack2, Home edition. Cox internet with McAffee provided. HELP!!!

Edited by PEGGYLEE, 17 November 2008 - 11:30 AM.

Advertisements

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

apook

apook

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello.

ive had me major infection which i believe is Virtumonde.

help me.

Edited by sari, 29 November 2008 - 08:38 AM.
Removed log

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP

hatevundo^2

hatevundo^2

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am new to this forum and I have vundo trouble which I am currently trying to fix with vundofix.. I want to follow the instructions on the page where the admin guides ppl to (for 70% removal), but am not sure if the instructions are applicable in today since that post was created in 2004. I am not doubting your help, but just making sure before downloading. Dont want to download programs which were up-to-date then and possibly not anymore..
I will respond how vundo fix goes, i guess i will need to try other things too..
thank you

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Follow that post

The topics like that are updated constantly as malware changes, so it still holds true. Its not actually four years old :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

featured
Malware Removal How to Guides Windows 7 System Building Download Files Register welcome

Never used a forum? Learn how.