Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cannot burn favourites onto disc!?

• Please log in to reply

jems

jems

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
I spent yesterday re-doing my internet favourites and when I went to back them up onto a dvd or cd I keep getting a read error prompt which says:

There has been a possible read error in operation which may result in a defective write.

If I try and write the disc the write will fail :)

I am wondering what has happened since I have backed up my favourites folder many times in the past and had no problems.

I have checked through the folders and can see nothing strange at all (not even hidden folders). I have also tried to copy the folders into another location and burn them onto the disc in case it was a problem with the favourites hardware or something but the copied file won't burn either. :)

Does anybody have any idea what the problem might be?? I am totally stumped and my burner seems to be working fine for all other files and folders. :tazz:

Advertisements

jems

jems

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
[bleep] - i have spent all day trying to fogure this out and then as soon as i post i solved it.
just ignore me - there was some weird greek letter gotten into one of the links and it must have been screwing up the reader.

sorry for wasting time

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
i've had similar issues here at work...i haven't gotten a burning software that can figure out what to do with japanese named files...