Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Driver problems, freezing

• Please log in to reply

fluffhead

fluffhead

• PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi,
I am having driver problems with the following: imapi.sys and cdrom.sys. When I run event manager the errors that coincide with the freezing episodes are related to these two drivers and my mouse driver i8042prt.sys.

The freezing happens shortly after I boot up, or shortly after I return after letting the computer idle for awhile. The freezing periods will last anywhere from a few seconds to a minute, and happen repeatedly for about 30-45 minutes before stopping. Then, the freezing happens again later in the session. Rebooting does NOT solve the problem, although sometimes it will go away for that time.

I originally had problems with my DVD drive disappearing from My Computer. I updated the drivers as instructed to do, and have had this freezing problem ever since. I took me 9 months to figure this much out - after ruling out software conflicts, malware, etc. It finally came down to these three drivers are somehow involved in creating errors that freeze my system, 9 months later. My other DVD drive does not disappear. The disappearing one is my Dual Layer DVD/CD Rom drive.

The DVD drive still disappears from My Computer, but will reappear if I reboot. The freezing happens no matter what I am doing and will stop EVERYTHING from working. The "Processes" window on the Task Manager will show nothing during these freezing periods - but, the "Performance" window under Task Manager records a 50%-90% spike in CPU usage during the freezing periods.

Please see my two other threads where I have tried to address this - I am at my wits end am deciding whether to just buy a new computer. Funny thing is, the computer is only one year old. :)

Ansolutely Frustrated. :tazz:

Edited by fluffhead, 13 January 2006 - 10:02 PM.

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Fluffhead: Please try to resolve the other threads before starting a new one. Thanks. :tazz:

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

Fluffhead: Please try to resolve the other threads before starting a new one. Thanks.

The first thread the staff gave up, the second thread became a guessing game, this thread is the most accurate of the three, and seems to be in a more appropriate forum. :)

Please respond to this thread, thanks. :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
Fluffhead:

You had a thread go on to five pages and were helped by Excal who is tops in his field. He was unable to resolve the problem. This problem may have had an underlying effect on the more serious problems you are having today. It would have been good to have provided this link the first time you reported back.

http://www.geekstogo...p?s...=60<<this thread.

--------------

In the following case, wannabe1 was waiting for malware to be cleaned up. he was subscribed to the thread.

http://www.geekstogo...pic=75847&st=30

--------------

OwNt asked you to uninstall Norton. You said you already tried that. And didn't want to try again. I'm sure OwNt was waiting until you tried his suggestion. Sometimes we don't get email notification, there are glitches in the system and for that, we apologize. And OwNt apologized.

http://www.geekstogo...15

--------------

Again, I apologize for the delays in you receiving help. But having multiple threads going on confuses everyone. It is best to keep everything in one thread. Then your helpers don't have to keep switching back from page to page to see what has already been tried. I hope that makes sense and I hope your problem gets resolved. :tazz:

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts

It is best to keep everything in one thread.

OK, I do not mean to be ungrateful, or pushy :) , I am just so frustrated after trying dozens of things over 9 months to resolve this problem. I changed threads because the problem did not appear to be malware..., I did not want to be in the "wrong" forum. :)

Anyway, this description above best summarizes the problem, as it stands now. I'd really like some help addressing this driver issue. I will stick with this forum, and this thread - since you have graciously consolodated all of the links in your last post. Hope that's ok. :woot:

What do we do now? :tazz:

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
One thing that interested me is that you said your DVD drive was missing? Sometimes a missing drive is a apropos rootkit problem. Not saying that it is....just trying to rule out things. Have you also ever tried taking the cover off your machine and blowing out all the dust bunnies. Another stab in the dark, but I was having the same problem one time and that did the trick. May have been dumb luck, but we could use some luck - dumb or not. :tazz:

You may want to print out these instructions for reference, since you will have to restart your computer during the fix.

Please download AproposFix from here:
http://swandog46.gee.../aproposfix.exe

Save it to your desktop but do NOT run it yet.

Then please reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following:
1) Restart your computer
2) After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
3) Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
4) Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.

Once in Safe Mode, please double-click aproposfix.exe and unzip it to the desktop. Open the aproposfix folder on your desktop and run RunThis.bat. Follow the prompts.

When the tool is finished, please reboot back into normal mode, and post a new HijackThis log, along with the entire contents of the log.txt file in the aproposfix folder.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi fluffhead...

Have you verified that you are free of Apropos?

Let me go over all your threads to try and determine what all has been tried...I will get back to you as soon as I can. Have you tried running CD Gone Patch? Give that a shot while I look over your posts.

Please download Everest and generate a Plain Text report (Click "Report" in the Toolbar, point to "Quick Report - All pages", and click "Plain Text")...Once the report has been generated, in the report window, click on "Save to File". In the Save to File window, from the "Save in" drop down menu, select "Desktop" to save it to your desktop. Attach the report to your next post for me.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 14 January 2006 - 08:23 PM.

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Hi - I was called out of town - I will do what you have asked and get back to you. Thanks again.

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
OK, here is the log.txt file:

Log of AproposFix v1

Running from directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Desktop\aproposfix

Registry entries found:

No service found!

Removing hidden folder:
No folder found!

Deleting files:

Backing up files:
Done!

Removing registry entries:

REGEDIT4

Done!

Finished!

AND HERE IS THE HJT LOG:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 6:37:17 PM, on 1/18/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\AGRSMMSG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\SOUNDMAN.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\hjy\HijackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...lion&pf=desktop
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://ie.redirect.h...lion&pf=desktop
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://cruzio.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer presented by Comcast
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = :0
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 6.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Norton Internet Security - {9ECB9560-04F9-4bbc-943D-298DDF1699E1} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O2 - BHO: NAV Helper - {BDF3E430-B101-42AD-A544-FADC6B084872} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: HP view - {B2847E28-5D7D-4DEB-8B67-05D28BCF79F5} - c:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\HPDTLK02.dll
O3 - Toolbar: &Google - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar2.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton Internet Security - {0B53EAC3-8D69-4b9e-9B19-A37C9A5676A7} - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\AdBlocking\NISShExt.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Norton AntiVirus - {42CDD1BF-3FFB-4238-8AD1-7859DF00B1D6} - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\NavShExt.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HPHmon06] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hphmon06.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KBD] C:\HP\KBD\KBD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Recguard] C:\WINDOWS\SMINST\RECGUARD.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AGRSMMSG] AGRSMMSG.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PS2] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ps2.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SoundMan] SOUNDMAN.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BCWipeTM Startup] "C:\Program Files\Jetico\BCWipe\BCWipeTM.exe" startup
O4 - Startup: Scheduler.lnk = C:\Program Files\SpyCatcher\Scheduler daemon.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Google Search - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsearch.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: &Translate English Word - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmwordtrans.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Backward Links - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmbacklinks.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Cached Snapshot of Page - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmcache.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MI1933~1\OFFICE11\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O8 - Extra context menu item: Similar Pages - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmsimilar.html
O8 - Extra context menu item: Translate Page into English - res://c:\program files\google\GoogleToolbar2.dll/cmtrans.html
O16 - DPF: YExplorer1_8US.CAB - http://photos.groups...plorer1_8us.cab
O16 - DPF: {17492023-C23A-453E-A040-C7C580BBF700} (Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool) - http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204
O16 - DPF: {644E432F-49D3-41A1-8DD5-E099162EEEC5} (Symantec RuFSI Utility Class) - http://security.syma...n/bin/cabsa.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: igfxcui - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\igfxsrvc.dll
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - ATI Technologies Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: ATI Smart - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\ati2sgag.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Event Manager (ccEvtMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccEvtMgr.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Proxy (ccProxy) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccProxy.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Password Validation (ccPwdSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccPwdSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Settings Manager (ccSetMgr) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccSetMgr.exe
O23 - Service: ISSvc (ISSVC) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\ISSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Norton AntiVirus Auto-Protect Service (navapsvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\navapsvc.exe
O23 - Service: SAVScan - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Norton Internet Security\Norton AntiVirus\SAVScan.exe
O23 - Service: ScriptBlocking Service (SBService) - Symantec Corporation - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\SCRIPT~1\SBServ.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec SPBBCSvc (SPBBCSvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SPBBC\SPBBCSvc.exe
O23 - Service: Symantec Core LC - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\CCPD-LC\symlcsvc.exe

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
I ran the CD patch, here is the Everest log:

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition © 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Report Wizard
Computer ZACHARY
Generator HP_Administrator
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2006-01-18
Time 18:50

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name ZACHARY
User Name HP_Administrator

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 530, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Asus PTGD1-LA (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394)
Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale i915P
System Memory 512 MB
BIOS Type AMI (08/27/04)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter RADEON X300/X550 Series Secondary (128 MB)
Video Adapter RADEON X300/X550 Series (128 MB)
3D Accelerator ATI Radeon X300 (RV370)
Monitor NEC MultiSync FE700 [17" CRT] (0633978AF)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2651
IDE Controller Intel® 82801FB/FBM Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 266F
Disk Drive ST3200822AS (200 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Disk Drive Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
Disk Drive Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
Optical Drive IDE-DVD ROM 6116
Optical Drive LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-832S (DVD+R9:2.4x, DVD+RW:8x/4x, DVD-RW:8x/4x, DVD-ROM:12x, CD:40x/24x/40x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 184208 MB (12173 MB free)
D: (FAT32) 6550 MB (789 MB free)
Total Size 186.3 GB (12.7 GB free)

Input:
Keyboard HP PS2 Keyboard (2K - 3)
Keyboard Microsoft eHome Remote Control Keyboard keys
Mouse Microsoft PS/2 Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC (24.23.176.116)
Modem Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem

Peripherals:
Printer Fax
Printer hp deskjet 940c
USB1 Controller Intel 82801FB ICH6 - USB Universal Host Controller [B-1]
USB2 Controller Intel 82801FB ICH6 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [B-1]
USB Device eHome Infrared Receiver
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

Problems & Suggestions:
Problem Disk free space is only 7% on drive C:.

--------[ DMI ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ BIOS ]

BIOS Properties:
Vendor American Megatrends Inc.
Version 3.06
Release Date 08/27/2004
Size 512 KB
Boot Devices Floppy Disk, Hard Disk, CD-ROM, ATAPI ZIP, LS-120
Capabilities Flash BIOS, Shadow BIOS, Selectable Boot, EDD, BBS
Supported Standards DMI, APM, ACPI, ESCD, PnP
Expansion Capabilities ISA, PCI, AGP, USB

[ System ]

System Properties:
Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061
Product PJ466AA-ABA M1170N
Version 0qr1112RE101PUFFE00
Serial Number MXK4401Z26 NA440
Universal Unique ID A016B2CF-2B16D911-84B8992D-B877966D
Wake-Up Type PCI PME#

[ Motherboard ]

Motherboard Properties:
Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC.
Product Puffer
Version 1.xx
Serial Number X312345678

[ Chassis ]

Chassis Properties:
Manufacturer Chassis Manufacture
Version Chassis Version
Serial Number Chassis Serial Number
Asset Tag Asset-1234567890
Chassis Type Desktop Case
Boot-Up State Safe
Power Supply State Safe
Thermal State Safe
Security Status None

[ Processors / Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz ]

Processor Properties:
Manufacturer Intel
Version Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
External Clock 200 MHz
Maximum Clock 3800 MHz
Current Clock 3000 MHz
Type Central Processor
Voltage 3.3 V, 2.9 V
Status Enabled
Socket Designation CPU 1

[ Caches / L1-Cache ]

Cache Properties:
Type Internal
Status Enabled
Operational Mode Varies with Memory Address
Associativity 4-way Set-Associative
Maximum Size 16 KB
Installed Size 16 KB
Supported SRAM Type Pipeline Burst
Current SRAM Type Pipeline Burst
Error Correction Single-bit ECC
Socket Designation L1-Cache

[ Caches / L2-Cache ]

Cache Properties:
Type Internal
Status Enabled
Associativity 4-way Set-Associative
Maximum Size 1024 KB
Installed Size 1024 KB
Supported SRAM Type Pipeline Burst
Current SRAM Type Pipeline Burst
Error Correction Single-bit ECC
Socket Designation L2-Cache

[ Caches / L3-Cache ]

Cache Properties:
Type Internal
Status Disabled
Maximum Size 0 KB
Installed Size 0 KB
Socket Designation L3-Cache

[ Memory Devices / DIMM0 ]

Memory Device Properties:
Form Factor DIMM
Type Detail Synchronous
Size 256 MB
Total Width 64-bit
Data Width 64-bit
Device Locator DIMM0
Bank Locator BANK0
Manufacturer Manufacturer0
Serial Number SerNum0
Asset Tag AssetTagNum0
Part Number PartNum0

[ Memory Devices / DIMM1 ]

Form Factor DIMM
Device Locator DIMM1
Bank Locator BANK1
Manufacturer Manufacturer1
Serial Number SerNum1
Asset Tag AssetTagNum1
Part Number PartNum1

[ Memory Devices / DIMM2 ]

Form Factor DIMM
Type Detail Synchronous
Size 256 MB
Total Width 64-bit
Data Width 64-bit
Device Locator DIMM2
Bank Locator BANK2
Manufacturer Manufacturer2
Serial Number SerNum2
Asset Tag AssetTagNum2
Part Number PartNum2

[ Memory Devices / DIMM3 ]

Form Factor DIMM
Device Locator DIMM3
Bank Locator BANK3
Manufacturer Manufacturer3
Serial Number SerNum3
Asset Tag AssetTagNum3
Part Number PartNum3

[ System Slots / PCIEX16 ]

System Slot Properties:
Slot Designation PCIEX16
Type PCI-E x1
Usage In Use
Data Bus Width 32-bit
Length Short

[ System Slots / PCI1 ]

System Slot Properties:
Slot Designation PCI1
Type PCI
Usage Empty
Data Bus Width 32-bit
Length Short

[ System Slots / PCI2 ]

System Slot Properties:
Slot Designation PCI2
Type PCI
Usage In Use
Data Bus Width 32-bit
Length Short

[ System Slots / PCI3/PCIEX1 ]

System Slot Properties:
Slot Designation PCI3/PCIEX1
Type PCI
Usage Empty
Data Bus Width 32-bit
Length Short

[ Port Connectors / PS2Mouse ]

Port Connector Properties:
Port Type Mouse Port
Internal Connector Type None
External Reference Designator PS2Mouse
External Connector Type PS/2

[ Port Connectors / Keyboard ]

Port Type Keyboard Port
External Reference Designator Keyboard
External Connector Type PS/2

[ Port Connectors / USB1 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB1
External Connector Type USB

[ Port Connectors / USB2 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB2

[ Port Connectors / USB3 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB3

[ Port Connectors / USB4 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB4

[ Port Connectors / USB5 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB5

[ Port Connectors / USB6 ]

Port Type USB
External Reference Designator USB6

[ Port Connectors / AUX ]

Port Type Audio Port
Internal Reference Designator AUX
Internal Connector Type On-Board Sound Input from CD-ROM
External Connector Type None

[ Port Connectors / CD ]

Port Type Audio Port
Internal Reference Designator CD
Internal Connector Type On-Board Sound Input from CD-ROM

[ Port Connectors / IDE ]

Internal Reference Designator IDE
Internal Connector Type On-Board IDE

[ Port Connectors / FLOPPY ]

Internal Reference Designator FLOPPY
Internal Connector Type On-Board Floppy

[ Port Connectors / CPU_FAN ]

Internal Reference Designator CPU_FAN

[ Port Connectors / SYS_FAN ]

Internal Reference Designator SYS_FAN

[ Port Connectors / ATXPWR ]

Internal Reference Designator ATXPWR

[ Port Connectors / FP_AUDIO ]

Internal Reference Designator FP_AUDIO

[ On-Board Devices / On-Board Device #1 ]

On-Board Device Properties:

--------[ Overclock ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Properties:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 530
CPU Alias Prescott
CPU Stepping D0
Engineering Sample No
CPUID CPU Name Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPUID Revision 00000F34h

CPU Speed:
CPU Clock 3002.69 MHz (original: 3000 MHz)
CPU Multiplier 15.0x
CPU FSB 200.18 MHz (original: 200 MHz)

CPU Cache:
L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions
L1 Data Cache 16 KB
L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0306-000000-00101111-082704-I915$A0005046_BIOS DATE: 08/27/04 13:45:15 VER: 08.00.10
Motherboard Name Asus PTGD1-LA (3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR DIMM, Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394)

Chipset Properties:
Motherboard Chipset Intel Grantsdale i915P

SPD Memory Modules:
DIMM1: Infineon 64D32300GU5C 256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-6 @ 133 MHz)
DIMM3: Infineon 64D32300GU5C 256 MB PC3200 DDR SDRAM (3.0-3-3-8 @ 200 MHz) (2.5-3-3-7 @ 166 MHz) (2.0-2-2-6 @ 133 MHz)

BIOS Properties:
System BIOS Date 08/27/04
Video BIOS Date 04/05/13
DMI BIOS Version 3.06

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter Asus EAX300SE
GPU Code Name RV370 (PCI Express x16 1002 / 5B60, Rev 00)
GPU Clock 324 MHz (original: 324 MHz)
Memory Clock 196 MHz (original: 196 MHz)

--------[ Power Management ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Power Management Properties:
Current Power Source AC Line
Battery Status No Battery
Full Battery Lifetime Unknown
Remaining Battery Lifetime Unknown

--------[ Sensor ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sensor Properties:
Sensor Type SMSC DME1737 (SMBus 2Eh)

Temperatures:
Motherboard 36 °C (97 °F)
CPU 41 °C (106 °F)
Seagate ST3200822AS 41 °C (106 °F)

Cooling Fans:
CPU 1864 RPM
Chassis 746 RPM

Voltage Values:
CPU Core 1.48 V
+2.5 V 2.50 V
+3.3 V 3.30 V
+5 V 5.05 V
+12 V 11.81 V
VTR 3.37 V
Debug Info F 51 0B 3D 1C FF FF FF FF
Debug Info T 29 24 00 81
Debug Info V C0 BD C0 C2 BD

--------[ CPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPU Properties:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 530, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
CPU Alias Prescott
CPU Stepping D0
Instruction Set x86, MMX, SSE, SSE2, SSE3
Original Clock 3000 MHz
Min / Max CPU Multiplier 14x / 15x
Engineering Sample No
L1 Trace Cache 12K Instructions
L1 Data Cache 16 KB
L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die, ECC, ATC, Full-Speed)

Multi CPU:
Motherboard ID INTEL Piranha
CPU #0 Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 MHz
CPU #1 Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz, 3000 MHz

CPU Physical Info:
Package Type 775 Contact LGA
Package Size 3.75 cm x 3.75 cm
Transistors 125 million
Process Technology 7M, 90 nm, CMOS, Cu, Low-K Inter-Layer, High-K Gate, Strained Si
Die Size 112 mm2
Core Voltage 1.425 V
I/O Voltage 1.425 V
Typical Power 84 - 115 W (depending on clock speed)
Maximum Power 101 - 151 W (depending on clock speed)

CPU Manufacturer:
Company Name Intel Corporation
Product Information http://www.intel.com...e/processor.htm

CPU Utilization:
CPU #1 / HTT Unit #1 0 %
CPU #1 / HTT Unit #2 100 %

--------[ CPUID ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CPUID Properties:
CPUID Manufacturer GenuineIntel
CPUID CPU Name Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 3.00GHz
CPUID Revision 00000F34h
IA Brand ID 00h (Unknown)
Platform ID 13h (Socket 775)
IA CPU Serial Number Unknown
Microcode Update Revision 13
HTT / CMP Units 2 / 1

Instruction Set:
64-bit x86 Extension (AMD64, EM64T) Not Supported
Alternate Instruction Set Not Supported
AMD 3DNow! Not Supported
AMD 3DNow! Professional Not Supported
AMD Enhanced 3DNow! Not Supported
AMD Extended MMX Not Supported
Cyrix Extended MMX Not Supported
IA-64 Not Supported
IA MMX Supported
IA SSE Supported
IA SSE 2 Supported
IA SSE 3 Supported
CLFLUSH Instruction Supported
CMPXCHG8B Instruction Supported
CMPXCHG16B Instruction Not Supported
Conditional Move Instruction Supported
MONITOR / MWAIT Instruction Supported
RDTSCP Instruction Not Supported
SYSCALL / SYSRET Instruction Not Supported
SYSENTER / SYSEXIT Instruction Supported
VIA FEMMS Instruction Not Supported

Security Features:
Advanced Cryptography Engine (ACE) Not Supported
Data Execution Prevention (DEP, NX, EDB) Not Supported
Hardware Random Number Generator (RNG) Not Supported
Montgomery Multiplier & Hash Engine Not Supported
Processor Serial Number (PSN) Not Supported

Power Management Features:
Automatic Clock Control Supported
Enhanced Halt State (C1E) Not Supported
Enhanced SpeedStep Technology (EIST, ESS) Not Supported
Frequency ID Control Not Supported
LongRun Not Supported
LongRun Table Interface Not Supported
PowerSaver 1.0 Not Supported
PowerSaver 2.0 Not Supported
PowerSaver 3.0 Not Supported
Processor Duty Cycle Control Supported
Software Thermal Control Not Supported
Temperature Sensing Diode Not Supported
Thermal Monitor 1 Supported
Thermal Monitor 2 Not Supported
Thermal Monitoring Not Supported
Thermal Trip Not Supported
Voltage ID Control Not Supported

CPUID Features:
36-bit Page Size Extension Supported
Address Region Registers (ARR) Not Supported
CPL Qualified Debug Store Supported
Debug Trace Store Supported
Debugging Extension Supported
Fast Save & Restore Supported
Hyper-Threading Technology (HTT) Supported, Enabled
L1 Context ID Supported
Local APIC On Chip Supported
Machine Check Architecture (MCA) Supported
Machine Check Exception (MCE) Supported
Memory Configuration Registers (MCR) Not Supported
Memory Type Range Registers (MTRR) Supported
Model Specific Registers (MSR) Supported
Page Attribute Table (PAT) Supported
Page Global Extension Supported
Page Size Extension (PSE) Supported
Pending Break Event Supported
Physical Address Extension (PAE) Supported
Secure Virtual Machine Extensions (Pacifica) Not Supported
Self-Snoop Supported
Time Stamp Counter (TSC) Supported
Virtual Machine Extensions (Vanderpool) Not Supported
Virtual Mode Extension Supported

CPUID Registers (CPU #1):
CPUID 00000000 00000005-756E6547-6C65746E-49656E69
CPUID 00000001 00000F34-00020800-0000441D-BFEBFBFF
CPUID 00000002 605B5001-00000000-00000000-007C7040
CPUID 00000003 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 00000004 00004121-01C0003F-0000001F-00000000
CPUID 00000005 00000040-00000040-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000000 80000008-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000001 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000002 20202020-20202020-20202020-6E492020
CPUID 80000003 286C6574-50202952-69746E65-52286D75
CPUID 80000004 20342029-20555043-30302E33-007A4847
CPUID 80000005 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000006 00000000-00000000-04006040-00000000
CPUID 80000007 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000008 00002024-00000000-00000000-00000000

CPUID Registers (CPU #2 Virtual):
CPUID 00000000 00000005-756E6547-6C65746E-49656E69
CPUID 00000001 00000F34-01020800-0000441D-BFEBFBFF
CPUID 00000002 605B5001-00000000-00000000-007C7040
CPUID 00000003 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 00000004 00004121-01C0003F-0000001F-00000000
CPUID 00000005 00000040-00000040-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000000 80000008-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000001 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000002 20202020-20202020-20202020-6E492020
CPUID 80000003 286C6574-50202952-69746E65-52286D75
CPUID 80000004 20342029-20555043-30302E33-007A4847
CPUID 80000005 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000006 00000000-00000000-04006040-00000000
CPUID 80000007 00000000-00000000-00000000-00000000
CPUID 80000008 00002024-00000000-00000000-00000000

MSR Registers:
MSR 00000017 0012-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000002A 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000002C 0000-0000-0F12-010F
MSR 0000008B 0000-0013-0000-0000
MSR 0000019A 0000-0000-0000-0002
MSR 0000019B 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 0000019C 0000-0000-0000-0000
MSR 000001A0 0000-0000-2084-0089

--------[ Motherboard ]-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0306-000000-00101111-082704-I915$A0005046_BIOS DATE: 08/27/04 13:45:15 VER: 08.00.10
Motherboard Name Asus PTGD1-LA

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel NetBurst
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
Effective Clock 800 MHz
Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

Chipset Bus Properties:
Bus Type Intel Direct Media Interface

Motherboard Physical Info:
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 775
Expansion Slots 3 PCI, 1 PCI-E x16
RAM Slots 4 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, LAN, IEEE-1394
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 240 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset i915P

Motherboard Manufacturer:
Company Name ASUSTeK Computer Inc.
Product Information http://www.asus.com/...ucts1.aspx?l1=3
BIOS Download http://support.asus....SLanguage=en-us

--------[ Memory ]------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Physical Memory:
Total 511 MB
Used 286 MB
Free 224 MB
Utilization 56 %

Swap Space:
Total 1249 MB
Used 250 MB
Free 999 MB
Utilization 20 %

Virtual Memory:
Total 1761 MB
Used 536 MB
Free 1224 MB
Utilization 30 %

Physical Address Extension (PAE):
Supported by Operating System Yes
Supported by CPU Yes
Active No

--------[ SPD ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ DIMM1: Infineon 64D32300GU5C ]

Memory Module Properties:
Module Name Infineon 64D32300GU5C
Serial Number 0313BD15h
Manufacture Date Week 41 / 2004
Module Size 256 MB (1 rank, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings:
@ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
@ 166 MHz 2.5-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
@ 133 MHz 2.0-2-2-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Memory Module Features:
Early RAS# Precharge Supported
Auto-Precharge Not Supported
Precharge All Not Supported
Write1/Read Burst Not Supported
Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Differential Clock Input Supported
Redundant Row Address Not Supported

Memory Module Manufacturer:
Company Name Infineon Technologies AG
Product Information http://www.infineon....home.do?tabId=1

[ DIMM3: Infineon 64D32300GU5C ]

Memory Module Properties:
Module Name Infineon 64D32300GU5C
Serial Number 0313BF17h
Manufacture Date Week 41 / 2004
Module Size 256 MB (1 rank, 4 banks)
Module Type Unbuffered
Memory Type DDR SDRAM
Memory Speed PC3200 (200 MHz)
Module Width 64 bit
Module Voltage SSTL 2.5
Error Detection Method None
Refresh Rate Reduced (7.8 us), Self-Refresh

Memory Timings:
@ 200 MHz 3.0-3-3-8 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
@ 166 MHz 2.5-3-3-7 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)
@ 133 MHz 2.0-2-2-6 (CL-RCD-RP-RAS)

Memory Module Features:
Early RAS# Precharge Supported
Auto-Precharge Not Supported
Precharge All Not Supported
Write1/Read Burst Not Supported
Buffered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
Registered Address/Control Inputs Not Supported
On-Card PLL (Clock) Not Supported
Buffered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Registered DQMB Inputs Not Supported
Differential Clock Input Supported
Redundant Row Address Not Supported

Memory Module Manufacturer:
Company Name Infineon Technologies AG
Product Information http://www.infineon....home.do?tabId=1

--------[ Chipset ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ North Bridge: Intel Grantsdale i915P ]

North Bridge Properties:
North Bridge Intel Grantsdale i915P
Revision / Stepping 04 / B1
Package Type 1210 Pin FC-BGA
Package Size 3.75 cm x 3.75 cm
Core Voltage 1.5 V
In-Order Queue Depth 12

PCI Express Controller:
PCI-E x16 port #2 In Use @ x16 (Asus EAX300SE Video Adapter)

Chipset Manufacturer:
Product Information http://www.intel.com...se/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel...psets/index.htm

[ South Bridge: Intel 82801FB ICH6 ]

South Bridge Properties:
South Bridge Intel 82801FB ICH6
Revision / Stepping D3 / B1
Package Type 609 Pin mBGA
Package Size 3.1 cm x 3.1 cm
Core Voltage 1.5 V

High Definition Audio:
Audio Controller Type Intel 82801FB(M) ICH6
Codec Name Realtek ALC880(D)
Codec ID 10EC0880h
Codec Revision 00090500h

PCI Express Controller:
PCI-E x1 port #1 Empty

Chipset Manufacturer:
Product Information http://www.intel.com...se/chipsets.htm
Driver Download http://support.intel...psets/index.htm

--------[ BIOS ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BIOS Properties:
BIOS Type AMI
System BIOS Date 08/27/04
Video BIOS Date 04/05/13

BIOS Manufacturer:
Company Name American Megatrends Inc.
Product Information http://www.ami.com/amibios
BIOS Upgrades http://www.esupport....fm?refererid=40

Problems & Suggestions:
Suggestion Are you looking for a BIOS Upgrade? Contact eSupport Today!

--------[ Windows Video ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ RADEON X300/X550 Series Secondary ]

Video Adapter Properties:
Device Description RADEON X300/X550 Series Secondary
Adapter String RADEON X300/X550 Series
BIOS String 113-AA14000-103
Chip Type RADEON X300/X550 Series Secondary (0x5B70)
DAC Type Internal DAC(400MHz)
Installed Drivers ati2dvag (6.14.10.6587)
Memory Size 128 MB

Video Adapter Manufacturer:
Company Name ATI Technologies Inc.
Product Information http://www.ati.com/products/gamer.html
Driver Download http://www.ati.com/support/driver.html

[ RADEON X300/X550 Series ]

Video Adapter Properties:
Device Description RADEON X300/X550 Series
Adapter String RADEON X300/X550 Series
BIOS String 113-AA14000-103
Chip Type RADEON X300/X550 Series (0x5B60)
DAC Type Internal DAC(400MHz)
Installed Drivers ati2dvag (6.14.10.6587)
Memory Size 128 MB

Video Adapter Manufacturer:

--------[ PCI / AGP Video ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATI Radeon X300 (RV370) Video Adapter
ATI Radeon X300 (RV370) 3D Accelerator
Conexant (Internext Compression) iTVC16/CX23416 MPEG Codec Multimedia Video

--------[ GPU ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ PCI Express x16: Asus EAX300SE ]

Graphics Processor Properties:
Video Adapter Asus EAX300SE
GPU Code Name RV370
PCI Device 1002 / 5B60
Transistors 75 million
Process Technology 0.11u
Bus Type PCI Express x16 @ x16
Memory Size 128 MB
GPU Clock 324 MHz (original: 324 MHz)
RAMDAC Clock 400 MHz
Pixel Pipelines 4
TMU Per Pipeline 1
Vertex Shaders 2 (v2.0)
Pixel Shaders 1 (v2.0)
DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v9.0
Pixel Fillrate 1296 MPixel/s
Texel Fillrate 1296 MTexel/s

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type DDR
Bus Width 64-bit
Real Clock 196 MHz (DDR) (original: 196 MHz)
Effective Clock 392 MHz
Bandwidth 3136 MB/s

Memory Timings:
CAS Latency (CL) 3T
RAS To CAS Delay (tRCD) 4T
RAS Precharge (tRP) 4T
RAS Active Time (tRAS) 8T
Row Refresh Cycle Time (tRFC) 14T
RAS To RAS Delay (tRRD) 2T
Write Recovery Time (tWR) 3T

Graphics Processor Manufacturer:

ATI GPU Registers:
ati-00F8 08000000
ati-0140 00000070
ati-0144 1A289111
ati-0148 D7FFD000
ati-0154 F0000000
ati-0158 31320032
ati-0178 00001017
ati-01C0 01FF0000
ati-4018 00010011
ati-CLKIND-0A 03301D04
ati-CLKIND-0B 00001A00
ati-CLKIND-0C 0400BC00
ati-CLKIND-0D 00807FFA
ati-CLKIND-0E 04002400
ati-CLKIND-0F 00000000
ati-CLKIND-12 00031212
ati-MCIND-6C 00000000

--------[ Monitor ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ NEC MultiSync FE700 ]

Monitor Properties:
Monitor Name NEC MultiSync FE700
Monitor ID NEC4272
Model NEC FE700
Monitor Type 17" CRT
Manufacture Date Week 24 / 2000
Serial Number 0633978AF
Max. Visible Display Size 33 cm x 24 cm (16.1")
Picture Aspect Ratio 5:3
Horizontal Frequency 31 - 70 kHz
Vertical Frequency 55 - 120 Hz
Maximum Resolution 1280 x 1024
Gamma 2.20
DPMS Mode Support Standby, Suspend, Active-Off

Supported Video Modes:
640 x 480 120 Hz
800 x 600 110 Hz
1024 x 768 85 Hz
1152 x 864 75 Hz
1280 x 1024 65 Hz

Monitor Manufacturer:
Company Name NEC-Mitsubishi Electronics Display
Product Information http://www.necmitsubishi.com/products
Driver Download http://www.necmitsubishi.com/support

--------[ Desktop ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Desktop Properties:
Device Technology Raster Display
Resolution 1024 x 768
Color Depth 32-bit
Color Planes 1
Font Resolution 96 dpi
Pixel Width / Height 36 / 36
Pixel Diagonal 51
Vertical Refresh Rate 75 Hz
Desktop Wallpaper C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Desktop Background.bmp

Desktop Effects:
Combo-Box Animation Enabled
Drop Shadow Effect Enabled
Flat Menu Effect Enabled
Font Smoothing Enabled
Full Window Dragging Enabled
Gradient Window Title Bars Enabled
Hide Menu Access Keys Enabled
Hot Tracking Effect Enabled
Icon Title Wrapping Enabled
List-Box Smooth Scrolling Enabled
Menu Animation Enabled
Menu Fade Effect Enabled
Minimize/Restore Animation Enabled
Mouse Cursor Shadow Enabled
Selection Fade Effect Enabled
ShowSounds Accessibility Feature Disabled
ToolTip Animation Enabled
ToolTip Fade Effect Enabled
Windows Plus! Extension Disabled

Problems & Suggestions:
Problem At least 85 Hz vertical refresh rate is recommended for classic (CRT) displays.

--------[ Multi-Monitor ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

\\.\DISPLAY1 Yes (0,0) (1024,768)

--------[ Windows Audio ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

midi-out.0 0001 0066 Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth
mixer.0 0001 0068 Realtek HD Audio rear output
mixer.1 0001 0068 Realtek HD Digital input
mixer.2 0001 0068 Realtek HD Front Green Jack
mixer.3 0001 0068 Realtek HD Front Pink Jack
mixer.4 0001 0068 Back Line in/Mic, Front Line in
wave-in.0 0001 0065 Realtek HD Front Pink Jack
wave-in.1 0001 0065 Realtek HD Digital input
wave-in.2 0001 0065 Realtek HD Front Green Jack
wave-in.3 0001 0065 Back Line in/Mic, Front Line in
wave-out.0 0001 0064 Realtek HD Audio rear output

--------[ PCI / PnP Audio ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [B-1] PCI

--------[ Windows Storage ]---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[ Generic USB CF Reader USB Device ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description Generic USB CF Reader USB Device
Driver Date 7/1/2001
Driver Version 5.1.2535.0
Driver Provider Microsoft
INF File disk.inf

[ Generic USB MS Reader USB Device ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description Generic USB MS Reader USB Device
Driver Date 7/1/2001
INF File disk.inf

[ Generic USB SD Reader USB Device ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description Generic USB SD Reader USB Device
Driver Date 7/1/2001
INF File disk.inf

[ Generic USB SM Reader USB Device ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description Generic USB SM Reader USB Device
Driver Date 7/1/2001
INF File disk.inf

[ ST3200822AS ]

Device Properties:
Driver Description ST3200822AS
Driver Date 7/1/2001
INF File disk.inf

Disk Device Physical Info:
Manufacturer Seagate
Hard Disk Name Barracuda 7200.7 SATA 200822
Form Factor 3.5"
Formatted Capacity 200 GB
Disks 2
Recording Surfaces 4
Physical Dimensions 146.56 x 101.85 x 26.1 mm
Max. Weight 635 g
Average Rotational Latency 4.16 ms
Rotational Speed 7200 RPM
Max. Internal Data Rate 683 Mbit/s
Average Seek 8.5 ms
Interface SATA
Buffer-to-Host Data Rate 150 MB/s
Buffer Size 8 MB
Spin-Up Time 10 sec

Device Manufacturer:
Company Name Seagate Tec

Advertisements

coachwife6

coachwife6

SuperStar

• Retired Staff
  • 11,413 posts
wannabe1:

Don't see any sign of appropos which would account for the missing driver. No other malware visible in hijack this log. Can run other scans if you think it's the route we need to go. Your call. :tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Thank you, coachwife6...

I guess the ball's back in my court, then...I'll see if I gan get this sorted out. :tazz:

wannabe1

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
Have not heard from you...

Could we rule out a rootkit problem.

The freezing is DIRECTLY RELATED to my DVD Drive disappearing.

:tazz:

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry fluffhead...I've been off-line (due to vandalism of the ISP's equipment) and am trying to get back up to speed. Would you mind posting me a brief summary of what has been tried to recover the drive?

Could we rule out a rootkit problem.

Have you run a scan such as RootKitRevealer? If not, there is a link to the download in my signature.

wannabe1

fluffhead

fluffhead

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
You are off the hook - I've given up. Thanks again for all the support, but it is time to replace the computer. Best regards, and thanks again.