Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Dell c840 laptop dvd-rom installation instructions

• Please log in to reply

giglebox

giglebox

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:tazz: I recently purchased a used Dell Latitude C840 laptop for my mother. She wanted a laptop to play DVD's and connect to the net as she is out of town for work often. Unfortunately I was unaware that it was only equipped with a CD-ROM and no wireless.

I have never had to install a drive on a laptop so I was wondering if anyone had any basic installation instructions or links to some. Also, if anyone has information on installing a wireless PCMCIA card, such as the basic steps for installation and setup and possible hardware/manufacturer suggestions. I would wing it but unfortunately I already shipped this out of state to my mother. I would like to research the installation process since my mother is, well let's say, limited, in her computer do it yourself comfort zone! LOL If it does prove to be too extensive I will just have her ship it back and set it up. Thank you!!

BTW These forums are the best I have found on the web, VERY INFORMATIVE!!

:)

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
See if you can get anything here

http://search.dell.c...grade dell c840

If not, post back

giglebox

giglebox

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks!! I was able to find the answers on the Dell site. Don't know why I didn't try there first! LOL I appreciate your help!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Thank You for letting me know