Edited by CleveC4, 13 January 2006 - 09:42 PM.
Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:41 PM
Posted 14 January 2006 - 03:13 PM
Double click on the file to extract it to it's own folder on the desktop.
Place a shortcut to Panda ActiveScan on your desktop.
Please download the trial version of ewido anti-malware here:
Please read Ewido Setup Instructions
Install it, and update the definitions to the newest files. Do NOT run a scan yet.
If you have not already installed Ad-Aware SE 1.06, follow these download and setup instructions, otherwise, check for updates:
Ad-Aware SE Setup
Don't run it yet!
Next, please reboot your computer in SafeMode by doing the following:
- Restart your computer
- After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, press F8.
- Instead of Windows loading as normal, a menu should appear
- Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode.
Wait for the tool to complete and disk cleanup to finish.
The tool will create a log named smitfiles.txt in the root of your drive, eg; Local Disk C: or partition where your operating system is installed. Please post that log along with all others requested in your next reply.
Open Ad-aware and do a full scan. Remove all it finds.
- Click on scanner
- Click on Complete System Scan and the scan will begin.
- While the scan is in progress you will be prompted to clean files, click OK
- When it asks if you want to clean the first file, put a check in the lower left corner of the box that says "Perform action on all infections" then choose clean and click OK.
- Once the scan has completed, there will be a button located on the bottom of the screen named Save report
- Click Save report.
- Save the report .txt file to your desktop.
Next go to Control Panel click Display > Desktop > Customize Desktop > Web > Uncheck "Security Info" if present.
Reboot back into Windows and click the Panda ActiveScan shortcut.
- Once you are on the Panda site click the Scan your PC button.
- A new window will open...click the Check Now button.
- Enter your Country
- Enter your State/Province
- Enter your e-mail address and click send
- Select either Home User or Company
- Click the big Scan Now button
- If it wants to install an ActiveX component allow it
- It will start downloading the files it requires for the scan (Note: It may take a couple of minutes)
- When the download is complete, click on Local Disks to start the scan
- When the scan completes, if anything malicious is detected, click the See Report button, then Save Report and save it to a convenient location.
Let us know if any problems persist.
Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:51 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users