Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X850 PRO

• Please log in to reply

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
OK i recentley purchased an ati x850 pro "weee", ok but this is my concern does any1 know the genuine clocks of this card core and mem... ive seen a few web pages state its core is 500mhz and mem just above 1000mhz, but ati tool seems to think differentley showing me 500mhz core and 500mhz memory. Quite confusing even when so many web pages show 1000mhz as a mem clock. Also i would like to monitor the temperature of the gpu, ive tried catalyst control center but i dont think there are any options there that display it........ any programs out there that you guyz are using or perhaps one of you have an X850 and know a program the could do such monitoring.
Thank You

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
ATI tool and rivatuner both monitor temperature, the memory is whats called double data rate, so its actual speed is half that of what is rated so 1000Mhz is 500Mhz.

In terms of how fast it goes its trial and error you increase speed by 5mhz a time until it starts to get artifacts and then you go back one and stop or pick one slower to get a lower temp.

-=Ac3=-

-=Ac3=-

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
Oh ok beacuse ive seen an 7800gtx that displayed 1600mhz core
and on my mates nvidia display it shoed exatcley that. With ati tool i tried that temperature thing but it doesn't shoe anything to me regarding temperature

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well thats a different card from a newer release so the frequencies will be different, ATI tool shold show the temps, if not update the drivers and try rivatuner.