Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need Help Building a PC for video editing. - $2000 available.

• Please log in to reply

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Cheers for the follow-up guys.

One last question. Should I look to have this computer built from an online company here in the U.S.?
Knowing my specs and what I'm after, who would you steer me towards?

I've only heard about Newegg.com, but know nothing of them....
H.T

I took into consideration and thought that you were going to build it yourself. Newegg is good for picking all the parts like we did and then putting it all together yourself when you receive it. They do have some prebuilt systems but there is no way you can choose every single part to be the same as you chose above.

Should of told me before if you didnt and I would have told you a few places for custom pc's custom built and they put it together. The thing is if you go that way its always going to be more money.

http://www.digitalst...e.com/index.htm

you can choose on the list of what parts they already have and configure it.

Tigerdirect has some systems already prebuilt but the thing is it wont have everything that you are exactly wanting. Usually your stuck with only a few video cards to choose from on that type of configuration and they are usually older video cards...

Digitalstormonline is a good place to check out for a complete custom machine already built ready to go. What you did on newegg was pointless unless you bought all the parts and when you recieved it take it to a custom pc place in your area and have them put it together.. No telling how much they would charge though..

try the link I posted for one already built, if you dont know how to build a pc.

Or you could have a custom pc place in your area order all of the parts and build it for you. I dont know exactly how that works but you would probably have to put down a deposit or either pay for it up front.

Edited by jrm20, 25 January 2006 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

Nickgk

Nickgk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I was in the same delema like you . I always worked on VAIOs and thought i should move to something more PRO.
After month's of research i ended up buying another VAIO since there's always no way to build anything more pro unless paying over $3000 or going Mac.

I just bought the new VGC-RC210G wich sells for $1379 dicectly from Sony (brand new so not available at other vendors yet)
The only thing i had to replace was the grafics card since the x300 hardly does the job (and is not yet supportd by Adobe Premiere 2) with PNY Quadro FX1300 128MB. You might wonder about this card since you probably never heard the name before. Well it's an average card, for games lthat is, but a wonder in 2D. it sells for about $600. All those other catds people had been suggesting in this forum are great cards but only for 3D stuff like games but not what you want right? Alternatively you could go with Matrox RTx100 (about $900)

I also added 2 x 500Gb 7200rpm SATA drives internally. There's room for 2 more in this pc for a total of 1.5 TB |o|

You might find these links helpfull:

Sony US link:
http://www.sonystyle.com

Video guys $2000 editing pc suggestion:
http://www.videoguys.com/DIY2.html

If looking for something cheaper go for the previeus model the VGC-RA842g also great specs but cheaper. Not availabl om SONY anymore but you can find it easily with a little search for around $900. Try www.ubid.com

Good luck