Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Riptide Soundcard not worky

• Please log in to reply

fanton

fanton

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
On an HP Pavillion 6573Z desktop.
Upgraded to Win2000, and soundcard does not appear in Device driver.

Do I need to download a driver?

Which one for the riptide soundcard?

Sorry, don't have more info that that.

F

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. I have a HP pavilion 8576c desktop PC that came with Windows 98. I upgraded to Windows 2000 Professional some time ago. This also had the Riptide sound card, and I seem to remember it was part of the modem. I searched for drivers, never did have any luck. I ended up installing a sound card and a modem. I am still using this PC, works great. In fact, I upgraded the processor from 450 Mhz PIII to 1.3 Ghz (from Power Leap) even though HP told me the best I could do was 850 Mhz.

Humm, just looked through my junk pile and found the card I took out of the HP. Sure enough, it is the Reptide sound card and modem combined.

Edited by austin_o, 14 January 2006 - 04:53 PM.

fanton

fanton

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Hi,

I was thinking that this might be what I am looking for...
http://members.drive...?driverid=60116

Maybe not, but thanks for the help...

F

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
It wouln't hurt to try it. I worked on trying to get mine working for some time with no luck. That is why I changed it out. I got a Mad Dog sound card from Compusa for about $20.00. I also had to get a modem, couldn't get either sound or modem on that card to work. I don't believe it is W2K/WXP compatible.