Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

X850XT To TV

• Please log in to reply

michald

michald

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
hi guys its me again but with something different you see i was trying to connect my computer to the tv that i have and i don't know how to do it. i don't know if i should have my monitor connected with the tv or just the tv i need tips of how to set everything right you know i have ccc and there are no options for the tv settings so please help me

thank you

mike

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
What kind of TV is it, does it have a DVI, if it doesnt your going to need adapter cables to split the S-video to composite and then into the TV or scart, or an S-video to scart connection, once you have the card hooked up to the TV you need to go into the control centre and set it to force tv detection then enable the second monitor in the display page, and then on the tv you should find a grey screen on the TV probably this is where the desktop has been expanded across if you move the mouse off the screen it will be seen on the TV and if you keep going back to the desktop. You have to play with it, you can copy the desktop onto the other screen and you can set the tv as primary so the desktop shows up on it. Also in theatre mode there are seperate settings so it will play any video on the TV full size etc.