Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NEED HELP CANT ACCESS WINDOWS

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
yea hi ppls....

well

last night i was up till 1 o' clock.....i shut down my comp through start menu, and insteaad of getting 3 buttons saying restart, shut down, or stand by, it was a dropdown menu, i didnt really care cause i was tired as [bleep] so i just shut down, woke up at 9 in the morning and well turned on computer and its now telling me i need to enter in a username and password, the problem is i dunno either of them...ive tried all combinations of a usernames and passwords i have, ive tried pressing all of the buttons on the start up i tried f10 and f2, and i have tried control+alt+del and ive tried Control+Esc....im now on my dads computer...DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM!!!!

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Hi 123333! Welcome to G2G!

Boot into Safe Mode (Tap F8 about once a second as soon as you turn your computer on until you get to the screen allowing you to choose to enter Safe Mode. Once there, if you need to enter a Username and Passowrd, enter Administrator with no password and click OK. You should then get to the desktop. Once there, click on START-->CONTROL PANEL. Once the Control Panel window opens, double-click on USER ACCOUNTS. In the new window that appears, click on Change the way users log on or off. Make sure Use Welcome Screen is checked, then click APPLY OPTIONS. Now reboot your computer and it should load as it used to.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 15 January 2006 - 10:14 PM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
um yea...well it was working for a moment but then the black-background screen came up again and the pop up thing telling me the windows cant log me in is up again asking for username and pass

the only change to what happened to it from before is at the bottom corners it says safemode and everything is enlargened

do u think this might be a virus, if so how do i get rid of it?

ok after reading over ure post again you say

Make sure Use Welcome Screen is checked

well i dont get a welcome screen, it automatically puts me into the mainscreen with the start button and all of my um....shortcut links

the windows i have is=

Windows XP media edition or somethin like that

Edited by 123333, 15 January 2006 - 11:09 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Since you only have one user account on that computer it will go directly to the desktop when use Welcome Screen is checked. Did you do what I asked you to do in my last post? When you shut down the computer, do you get the pull down menu still where you have to choose to shutdown, restarte, etc....?

Fenor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok so i made a mistake, i got that pulldown menu and so i tried not entering a pass...and it worked but then this other thing came up asking me if i want to run something when i start my computer, but i dunno what it is, it started with an S cant remember exactly....

im still getting this dropdown menu as i turn m comp off and on, i set a pass so i can actually get through my computer without using safemode, while in safe mode i did what u said with the menu screen but it said i cant do it because i have to uninstall something...

i dont want a password on my computer, i dont want to get this dropdown menu as my turn on and off stuff, how do i retrurn my computer to the way it was before all this crap happened

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
horray im not a computer illiterate as i thought i was :tazz: all i did was went to start>control panel>user accounts>change user account>remove password

and now when i try shutting down my computer, the box that IS NOT the dropdown menu came up, ima restart my computer to make sure everything is back to the way it is

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok well i restarted my computer and im still getting that dropdown menu.....how doi get rid of that???

oh when i try turning on the welcome screen menu thingy, it says i have to uninstall netware...whats netware, is it important to how this computer will function???

i looked at my addd or remove list and netware is nowhere on there

____

searching my computer, im finding some programs named netware, should i delete?

Edited by 123333, 16 January 2006 - 10:07 AM.

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok update..it says i need to uninstall client services for netware....how do i do that if its not listed on the add and remove program

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
is this a work computer or a home computer?

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
this is a home computer....

ok

also have a new problem, i cant get sound, so i looked for the problem, brought up my MUSICMATCH JUKEBOX and double clicked on a song and now a pop-up comes up telling me WaveOut Format Not Supported

how do i fix that???

oh and the name of the notice is MMJB soundcard problem

Edited by 123333, 16 January 2006 - 03:36 PM.

Advertisements

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
how do i re-install the drivers for my sound card? i went on yahoo for a seach and found-

http://forums.majorg...hp/t-41678.html

so what website do i go to to download the new drivers or do i have a CD for this???

check the bottom right of screen next to the clock, and look for a small picture of a speaker. double click on it and a mixer should appear. if you can't find it,

i cant find the speaker at the bottom right

Edited by 123333, 16 January 2006 - 04:15 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
To remove the Client Service for Netware, go to START-->CONTROL PANEL. Double click on NETWORK CONNECTIONS. Right click your network connection listed and choose PROPERTIES. In the new window that opens, left-click Client Service for Netware to highlight it and then click the UNINSTALL button. Once it is finished it will ask you to reboot, do so.

Fenor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
ok that worked now how do i get my sound back???

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
I'm glad that is fixed now. Since you have opened a new thread HERE about your no sound problem, I will leave you in Keith's capable hands.

Fenor

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts
um i do have a question though, what was netware and what was it doing for me???