Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no connection

• Please log in to reply

tom_beach22

tom_beach22

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
When im playing a game or surfing the net sometimes i lose my connection. the online lite stays on. and i can't connect to any sort of internet at all. i dont have a router, its cable internet ive called them 3 times about it. they still havent fixed it.
it goes off at random and it stays off for a random amount of time. it is really annoying to have the internet just stop for no apparent reason. dose anyone have any idea what the problem is?

Edited by tom_beach22, 15 January 2006 - 10:18 PM.

Advertisements

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Moved to networking forum.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hi Tom,
Please goto Start --> Run --> type EVENTVWR --> press OK --> Now, look under the System log for any errors and/or warnings. If you find a TCP/IP error, please open it by double clicking on it. Is the error message inside identical to this:
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.
If so, please download this Patcher (the english version; top link). Run it (choose to increase the limit to 50). Reboot your computer and test your connection.
If that error message is not there, then please post any other errors/warnings in your Event Log.

Thanks,
Dan.