Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

FireFox - Installation Error (I can't install FireFox!?)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I use Windows Service Pack 2 and I downloaded Fire Fox (The Internet Browseing Tool). When I tried to Install Fire Fox, and in the process of Installing, I received an Error Message known as, "Error occured during installation: - Firefox Browser: -225 EXTRACTION_FAILED". After I click "Okay" for the Error Message, the Fire Fox installing .exe does not close down, an I have to terminate it myself. The installation does not finish the process which extracts all the Files needed. The .exe xtracted some of the files, but not all. Everytime I try to Install Fire Fox, I receive this Error Message.

Can anyone help me so I can install Fire Fox? :tazz:

Advertisements

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
It has been over a day and no one has Replied to this Topic. I beleive I have the right to Bump this Topic before it goes into near Oblivion. Someone please help me.

Thank you.

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
someone help me please.. it's been over 5 hours now..

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP

I beleive I have the right to Bump this Topic before it goes into near Oblivion.

You have the right to do that, however many of us find it annoying. Something to think about for someone as obviously patient as yourself.

As to your problem, have you tried to re-download the installer? It sounds to me like you have a corrupt installer.

ScHwErV :tazz:

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

You have the right to do that, however many of us find it annoying. Something to think about for someone as obviously patient as yourself.

As to your problem, have you tried to re-download the installer? It sounds to me like you have a corrupt installer.

ScHwErV :tazz:

I have tried downloading many different Installers from different Sites and I tried Installing FireFox so many times without success.

However, I have discovered a new Error Message that I receive when I try installing FireFox sometimes with certain Installers. When I am done extracting the Files (With certain Installers), I receive an Error Message. You may click the below link to view a Screenshot of the Error Message.

http://tinypic.com/kd4epl.jpg

Somebody please help me.

Townes

Townes

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
try deleting the extrated files in the firefox folder (mozilla) and try going to the home site of mozill.com or org and dl the 1.05 version of ff from them.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
that would be my suggestion also, the most update is the safest with the lest glites, also are you removing the previous version of firefox before installing a new one?

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

try deleting the extrated files in the firefox folder (mozilla) and try going to the home site of mozill.com or org and dl the 1.05 version of ff from them.

i tried that and i got this error message, http://tinypic.com/kd4epl.jpg.

that would be my suggestion also, the most update is the safest with the lest glites, also are you removing the previous version of firefox before installing a new one?

No.

----------------------------------

SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
no as is your not uninstalling the previous one before you attempt to install the new one?

X-Death

X-Death

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

no as is your not uninstalling the previous one before you attempt to install the new one?

that is really confuseing.. but lemme see if this answers ur question.

i extracted some firefox files to the :C drive without any firefox being installed and then i delete the extracted files becuz the setup did not work.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
Ok i have been having some problems with firefox amoung other things lately but lets see if i can help you out. Go to add remove programmes just to be sure that you have completly removed firefox. then go to the following site and dl firefox. http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/ If you continue to have problems send me the errors code. I'm sorry about not being very clear but i'm in a rush. :tazz: So get back to me when you get the code or else send me a screen shot and i'll try and help ya out. but for now i'm out for the night. So c ya

Edited by james_8970, 16 January 2006 - 08:35 PM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Nice try, IRON WOLF. Your friend ratted out your new account. This account has been banned as well....along with your IP address. :) :tazz: