Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Acrobat Pro PDF Conversion Problem

• Please log in to reply

Ocean Realm Media

Ocean Realm Media

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I started in Quark by opening a document and the selecting print Adobe PDF. This seemed to work ok until it was done converting and the file was converted from color to B&W.

In Quark I checked the properties and it is set to color. In Adobe I checked Edit> Preferences> Color Management and it is set to U.S. Pre press Defaults.

Any idea why it is still converting to a B&W image?

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
well that question has been asked here before and i still don't have a good answer. here is an article that talks about jpeg compression in acrobat: http://www.creativep...ml?origin=story

it could be a settings is converting it to b and w to save file size.

also the lastest version is 7.05 for the pc. if your on mac im not sure what the latest version is. however the same applies to both is that you need to make sure you the latest patches for the version you are running.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
http://www.crain.com.../Qrk2PS-win.pdf

if you have a printer installed called distiller then just follow the instructions for setting up quark to work with the distiller printer. keep in mind that this is for a much older version but the premise is the same.