Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Xp Startup problem

• Please log in to reply

Mripra

Mripra

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all,
Iam having a big problem with my windows xp os.
Last night i shut dwn my comp. Today when i started it , check all bios fine and checking stuff....good and then
put me on a blck screen saying

"We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully. A new hardware or software change may have caused it. It then mentions the possibility of starting it in

# Safe Mode or
# Safe Mode with Network or
# Safe Mode with Command Prompt
# Last known good configtration.....or
# Start Windows Normally

I selected start in safe mode and press enter it restarted the whole bios check and hardware check and again stop on the same black screen like last time. i slectesl all option but nothing.

then i came to your site through good and looked at this post " [url="http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85559""]http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/index.php?s...pic=85559"[/url]

And tryed all the tips and set by "Keith".
Can some help me please :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello Mripra...

Because every problem like this may be caused by different issues, let's start fresh.

I'll need as much information on your machine as possible. The make and model number if it is an OEM machine such as Dell or HP, etc...will help me to research the problem. Do you have the installation CD for the operating system? Did you install any hardware or software just prior to this problem? If you did, list it here for me.

wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 16 January 2006 - 01:10 PM.

Mripra

Mripra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Hello Mripra...

Because every problem like this may be caused by different issues, let's start fresh.

I'll need as much information on your machine as possible. The make and model number if it is an OEM machine such as Dell or HP, etc...will help me to research the problem. Do you have the installation CD for the operating system? Did you install any hardware or software just prior to this problem? If you did, list it here for me.

Hello Wannabr 1
my maachine is self built machine, I have a installation cd with me.
No i don;t install anyhardware or software prior to this problem....it just a regular day and wanna start my PC in the moring. It shut dowm properly last night.

Here the thing i just did while waiting for reply.

I made my primary harddrive a slave in other computer and when i start my other computer it dected that harddrive as a slave and found some corrupt files and replaced / fixed it .
The My primary HDD (now Slave in my comp 2) display its containas plus its pratiton inn my COMP2.(I have taken the backup) .

When all this happen , I assumed that its all fixed and put that HDD back in my comp(which having trouble)
but unfortunatlly got same problem again.

i might formate my HDD but i wanna exploite all my optionns frist.

What u think i should do now

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Have you tried the Repair installation?

Mripra

Mripra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks wannabe 1
i just fixed it by doing selecting repair from my installation disk .

Start the System Restore tool at a command prompt

1. Restarted my computer, and keep tapping F8 during the initial start-up until i got an options, select Safe Mode with a command prompt then press enter.

2. Log on to my computer with an administrator account.

3. I type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER:
%systemroot%\system32\restore\rstrui.exe

4. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to restore my computer to an earlier state.

Gladly i have one resote poit from yesterday :)

Resoures Found in
1. http://www.geekstogo...howtopic=85559"
2. http://support.micro....com/kb/315222/

Thank you all for help you guys keep up the good work and 2 thubs up to WANNA BE1 :) :woot: :tazz:
:P

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to help, Mripra... :tazz:

wannabe1